By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing and Kirby coming to Japanese Wii in '08

According to Nintendo financial documents, "social networking MMO" Animal Crossing and a new Kirby title will hit the Japanese Wii this year, along with some other notable titles. ShackNews posted the Nintendo financial docs showing that beyond Animal Crossing and Kirby, there is also Wii Music, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Super Mario Stadium Family Baseball, and Everyone's Common Knowledge Television -- that last one sounds like it might stay in Japan.

The document also shows that Mario Kart Wii is still expected for the spring in North America and Q2 for Europe, but there isn't much more beyond that at this time. That doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't have something up its sleeve, just that it isn't on this financial document from Nintendo Japan.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/29/animal-crossing-and-kirby-coming-to-japanese-wii-in-08/

Pretty interesting

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

hmm.. interesting..

''Hadouken!''

if these do hit in 2008 in Japan, then the Wii wins 2008, confirmed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Disaster day of crisis is confirmed... at least on Japan

Source:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/index.html 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Animal crossing is the game i want the most, i still play wild world every day. animal crossing would for me be an instant system seller.

Around the Network
DSLover said:
Animal crossing is the game i want the most, i still play wild world every day. animal crossing would for me be an instant system seller.

Same for me. I just wish there would be an easier way to get different fruit in your possession instead of going to someone else's town for it :(

OH YA! animal crossing Wii!!! it better have Wi-Fi compatibility! Also, i want to be able to pick the layout of my fricken town!

awesome, I can't wait for Kirby and Animal crossing

I'm doing my victory robot dance. It's pretty epic.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Is Kirby a big game... I mean Sales Wise?