By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Present and Future of Xbox 360 Sales in Japan by Thibje.

>Oh, and they should have a massive recall and exchange every 360 for a PS3

That's actually less sarcastic in nature than you think

just replace "Massive recall" with "Massive replacement due to RRoD"

and "PS3" with "Refurbished xbox360"

;), I wonder, how long will they take to mail you the box and replace your 360 if you live in Japan.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Yeah I agree – Microsoft pulling out of Japan would just alienate the Japanese developers that are now supporting the system or have at least ceased making exclusives on other systems.

It must be frustrating Robbie Bach and co. seeing the Xbox perform so poorly in the Japanese market. Short of buying up Square or Konami what else can they do?

I think 140K for DMC4 is very high !
I think it will do between 60K and 95 K

X360 is doing a lot better than the orginal ..
so , I think NG2 can hit 100K in its 10th week or so !

NG2 may effect on X360 more than LO

may be we will see DoA this year ..
so I think it will hit 150K or more
may be DoA with price drop will be better than NG2

Around the Network
gebx said:
Retrasado said:
Got to agree with the others that there's no way the 360 will make 1million in 2008. I think M$ should just pull out of Japan and focus on their flagging sales in Europe. (Between Sony and Nintendo, especially nintendo, M$ is dead in Japan)

Yeah, and they should just roll over and just give up the whole console thing...

Seriously why even bother if they're not going to be #1..

Oh, and they should have a massive recall and exchange every 360 for a PS3

/sarcasm

Hey, I'd "trade in" my 360 for a PS3.......

Then sell it and buy a 360 Elite!

Anyway, what do people think about the upcoming week of 360 HW sales in JP? Will they go up significantly maybe +10K, or so for the release of DMC4 as a result of the 360/DMC4 hardware bundle? Seems like a pretty good deal if you want DMC4 and don't have a 360. The game itself costs about 8000 yen(MSRP), which is pretty expensive, though I have seen it for a little less. Buying the bundle is about the same price as buying a 360 system new and getting dmc for just under 4000 yen. Pretty good deal.

I was going to buy the game, but I just picked up Lost Odyssey this week (finally!!!), so I'm currently playing that. (should add +1 to the JP sales for the game, at least )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@ Smbu2000 - Great that means that the game has already sold 92.499 since I also bought the game this week.
I wonder if ioi is able to track the sales from Tokyo and Korea.

@ The rest - I am pretty sure that the 360 won't drop under 4000 units before april. After that month I am not sure because not much has been anounced yet.

[

it hard .. but the 360 can do it
I'm sure that the 360 will be stronger year after year

I think this year will end with more than 300K X360
between (300k - 350k )

I hope there is big JRPG at the end of this year + DoA

I LOVE GIGGS said:
it hard .. but the 360 can do it
I'm sure that the 360 will be stronger year after year

I think this year will end with more than 300K X360
between (300k - 350k )

I hope there is big JRPG at the end of this year + DoA
You're right about that imagine what would happen if the 360 has these games released in 1 year!
*DOA5
*Ninja Gaiden
*Last Remnant
*Devil May Cry 4
*Dead Rising 2 
*Lost Planet 2
*Blue Dragon 2
*Infinite Indiscovery
*Idolmaster 2
*Bioshock
*Mass Effect 

I know that this can't be true but you never know. 

[

it would be Great if BD come to DS in Q2
and come to X360 at the end of the year !

with these game I'm really want to see what X360 will do this year ..