By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 to Wii

An unmodified version of Metal Gear Sold 4 won't happen ... But, like Gameboy games in the past, Konami may take advantage of the popularity of the Wii and release a spin-off or remake Metal Gear game.

Around the Network
Slash said:

Isn't that just a nice title?:) Yeah I thought so too. Check this out:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

On the January 29th update on the Smash Bros Dojo site, all of the music initially available before unlocks were listed. Only this time, the specific game that each piece originated was listed. Of that list, there are songs from each Metal Gear Solid game.

The twist? The primary song (first listed) is a piece from Metal Gear Solid 4. Why would that piece be included? Every single song on the list is from a game that has appeared on a Nintendo system, or will soon. Does this mean that a version of MGS4 is indeed Wii-bound? Only time will tell, but this rumor is no longer as absurd as it once seemed. Below is the information listed at www.smashbros.com

MGS4 [Theme of Love] SSBB version
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Arrangement Supervisor: Akiro Honda

link: http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/41379/?cpage=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

So what do you think? Like to hear your thoughts on this tibit.

I havn't been following the metal gear solid since the gamecube days so I wouldn't know if all songs listed on there did come to a nintendo title (VGchartz says no). Can anybody confirm?

Maybe it could just be that Metal Gear started on a Nintendo system.

BMaker11 said:
Slash said:

Isn't that just a nice title?:) Yeah I thought so too. Check this out:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the January 29th update on the Smash Bros Dojo site, all of the music initially available before unlocks were listed. Only this time, the specific game that each piece originated was listed. Of that list, there are songs from each Metal Gear Solid game.

The twist? The primary song (first listed) is a piece from Metal Gear Solid 4. Why would that piece be included? Every single song on the list is from a game that has appeared on a Nintendo system, or will soon. Does this mean that a version of MGS4 is indeed Wii-bound? Only time will tell, but this rumor is no longer as absurd as it once seemed. Below is the information listed at www.smashbros.com

MGS4 [Theme of Love] SSBB version
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Arrangement Supervisor: Akiro Honda

link: http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/41379/?cpage=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? Like to hear your thoughts on this tibit.

I havn't been following the metal gear solid since the gamecube days so I wouldn't know if all songs listed on there did come to a nintendo title (VGchartz says no). Can anybody confirm?

Maybe it could just be that Metal Gear started on a Nintendo system.

And that means all the songs listed on dojo came from a metal gear game on a Nintendo system because?

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Hmmm... it's not impossible, MGS4 doesn't looks that good anyway BUT I think Konami has exclusivity contract with Sony for this one ($$$), so I doubt it.

Also, Brawl has music from MGS2 and MGS3.

A straight port is simply not going to happen.

/thread

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Yet again the creator of the game saying over and over again that it is Exclusive to the PS3 means nothing...*rollseyes*

LMFAO

expect wii fanboys to foolishly jump for joy based on the thread title.

Mars said:
LMFAO

expect wii fanboys to foolishly jump for joy based on the thread title.

I'm not jumping of joy, so you expect wrong. Don't forget to pick up your ass.

Perhaps it is the anarchist in me, but I suspect that this rumor coming true is highly likely. Some six months after the PS3 release the game will arrive on the Wii and on the 360. While there are technical hurdles they are most certainly not insurmountable. Compress cut scenes into small video files which the Wii can indeed run. Remove the more advanced graphical features entirely gloss, blur, and particle effects. The Wii could easily run the bare bones of the game, and it would still look competent for the platform.

I think thats what some posters are forgetting, and I thought Sony would have taught them this by now its easier to rip features out of a product rather then try any form of convoluted reworking. The Wii can't handle the gloss effect just tear it out of the code. Eventually you will get to a graphical quality the Wii can handle.

I suspect if Konami is building a version for the 360 they would direct a skeleton crew towards shredding it until it fit on the Wii. Based on their comments last year about Sony I really do not see any brand loyalty in their future. I hope they would do a decent job with the 360 port, but given the Wii limitation I doubt they would bend over backwards, or even consider it a matter of any great importance. They already seem to think the average Wii owner places very little emphasis on graphics. They would probably be right in that regard.

It also features songs from MGS3 which was not on a nintendo system...
Just to point out.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!