By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 next milestone: 80,000,000 units sold

Lets discuss when PS3 will reach its next milestone: 80 million

I predict september/october

Around the Network

I expect an official statement from Sony in/around the PS4's launch so Novemberish.

September... or even August.

ethomaz said:

I think at dec 31 2013 ps3 will sit around 84m, only 16m to go for 100m after this year!

Turkish said:
ethomaz said:

I think at dec 31 2013 ps3 will sit around 84m, only 16m to go for 100m after this year!

I expect this number in VGC... shipped I expect close to 87m but I'm very optimistic.

Around the Network

Hmm...according to VGChartz? I think it will end 2013 with around 79.8 and then pass 80 million in January 2014.

Yeah around December.

kowenicki said:
October/November.

But there will be lots of confusion way before when people lose the ability to read the SCE website properly again. (like IDC and many media outlets did last quarter)

Here is the page for people who don't know it exists: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/index_e.html

Yeap but I think 80 million will be reported like 70 million with a fixed date and only for PS3... so no confunsion in this case.

kowenicki said:

If its mid quarter it still leads to confusion.

What confusion had in "70 million as of November 4, 2012"? I can't see anybody interpreting this number wrong.

The confusion is after this number because Sony didn't give us separeted numbers.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

If its mid quarter it still leads to confusion.

What confusion had in "70 million as of November 4, 2012"?

Well, I can illustrate this simply.  How much had it shipped end of the Dec 31st Quarter and how does that relate to the VGC numbers. What is the supply?

Its even worse in the holiday quarter when shipments are huge and in expectation of sell throuhg in the following weeks.

Just make your maths for the Week close to Nov 4... you have your supply.

There is no confusion in the 70 million numbers released or the next milestone for PS3.