By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 title Devil May Cry 4 No. 1 at Japan retailer

random thread: HD-DVD is dead!!!

OP: HD-DVD is dead because warner went blu-ray exclusive

20 posts later...

fishyjoe: the wii is still selling guys, just fyi.

Around the Network

Personally I think this holds promise, DMC4 isn't the most anticipated PS3 game for Japan, but certainly a popular title. Final Fantasy XIII, Biohazard 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 (I believe all 2008 titles) will almost certainly outperform this game.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Heh guys, isn't this the sales forum? The original post just repeats the news article.

So, DMC4 for the PS3 sells well at Amazon, but half the comments regard a Wii game...

@ mesoteto

We bought a Wii for my kid sister, I like the Wii. Please let's not act childish.

Your thread title is very misleading and you know it. If you had said "at Amazon.jp" instead of what you put the replies would be a bit different I suspect. I know when I clicked the thread I went from intrigued to saddened because it just turned out  to be fairly useless info. As bad as Amazon is for US sales, it is even worse for Japan sales due to their cultural disdain of credit card purchases.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_ss_vg?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i&url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=&Go.x=16&Go.y=12
ssbb
wii
dmc4

x360 cod4 version is ahead of cod4 ps3, but we all know, that ps3 version sells better.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

lol ssbb went from 37 to 32 to 1

not accepting pre-orders eh

Around the Network

@ Gnizmo

It's a copy & paste from the article's title.

It says DMC4 is No 1 at a Japanese retailer and I think a pretty significant one. Take it as it is, the news article doesn't imply anything else than what is stated.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Dude we should have a forum rule about not posting Amazon threads. It'd be better then the 4 word rule.

I mean, whenever i see data from Amazon at this point I take it as an indication that the opposite of what it says is what is going to happen.

If they were right here this would be i believe the first time that data from amazon has been remotely helpful.  Amazon is just awful.

@ Kasz216

Some other sites are boycotting VGChartz, do you really want to walk that road? I don't care if someone posts a chart for his own little micro shop neither, if at least the person clarifies this.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Thats it, I'm going to emigrate..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I don't know what is it with everyone atacking Amazon' references.

When Bodhesatva was doing a thread about sales in shop he works for there was little or no complains and a lot of people were really happy to read what he had to say. But his notes weren't any better than notes made by looking at Amazon' bestseller list. And also I wouldn't be that much surprised if ioi' source retailers had less market coverage/share than Amazon.