By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - According to CNN - Wii = Big Winner for 08... 360/PSP = Big Losers For 08

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/2008/01/25/news.kavilanz.landor.best.brands.cnnmoney

I'm sorry that subject line is a bit sloppy... Anyways, Cn analyst believe the Wii will be a big winner in 08, refer to 360 and PSP as Losers...I must say this is the first time I have ever seen the media refer to either the PSP or 360 in such a negative light. Btw- no mention of the PS3...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

looks like that some analysts give up with the neverending "ps3 will win" predictions.
let's see how many of them jump on this train :)

i think they didn't mention the ps3 because they don't want to blame themselves again after the 100 "wii will lose" predictions last year

I'm going to go ahead and say that they still don't know what they're talking about.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

well it is a bit early ,but i think that will will win but im not sure if ps3 will lose

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think the PS3 will benefit most from GTA4-

GTA fans will correlate Platstation Brandname and GTA... Kinda like if they released Halo 4 on PS3 and 360... it would sell 4x on the 360.

Around the Network

Well as long as FF: Crisis Core & God of War: Chains of Olympus are coming to the US on the PSP in 2008...it's already a huge success to me. Possibility of FF: Dissidia & Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep in Japan too....Those 4 games will be huge--bigger than anything that was released in the US in 07', meaning, I don't think the PSP can do much worse this year.

Anyhow, those are 4 games that I'm looking forward to about as much as anything I want for the Wii, 360, or ps3..(don't own a DS, so don't know).

And Jeanne d'Arc is probably a top 5 game of the year for me --- all consoles included...still play that game in 8 hour sessions at a time!  That single game is reason enough for me to have bought a psp.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

i think wii will win, i think 360 may sell a bit less, its hard to see ps3 doing much worse. DS will continue along as normal

HAHA! I LOVED HOW DISLIKED THE PSPS IS. haha you deserved all the hate in the world you can possible have. thats what happen when yolu make a terrible product fror consumers. i hate the psp so much which is why is hate the sony brand. never will i buy anything from that stupid company that made the terrible psp. i cant believe i spend 250 back when it came out. since when has garbage been so expensise.GARBAGE I TELL YA! i loved how almost no one buys games for the psps is sadly hilarious. the less games people buy the less games they make. funny because ever since it came out it hasnt had any games. the psp library is terrrible which is why i returned that sucker to the store unfortunatelky i only got 60 back.ARGHH!!!!but who cares now i have a ds and i used it all the time as for my friends psp lets just say i made him return it for a ds and he thanks me because we play all the time and he actually uses it. woot!!!psp die!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Ninlenbox said:
HAHA! I LOVED HOW DISLIKED THE PSPS IS. haha you deserved all the hate in the world you can possible have. thats what happen when yolu make a terrible product fror consumers. i hate the psp so much which is why is hate the sony brand. never will i buy anything from that stupid company that made the terrible psp. i cant believe i spend 250 back when it came out. since when has garbage been so expensise.GARBAGE I TELL YA! i loved how almost no one buys games for the psps is sadly hilarious. the less games people buy the less games they make. funny because ever since it came out it hasnt had any games. the psp library is terrrible which is why i returned that sucker to the store unfortunatelky i only got 60 back.ARGHH!!!!but who cares now i have a ds and i used it all the time as for my friends psp lets just say i made him return it for a ds and he thanks me because we play all the time and he actually uses it. woot!!!psp die!!!!!!!!!!!

wow... that was a mouthfull...

So let me get this straight, you love the psp like an anabashed fanboy and can't wait for all of those HUGE megahits to come out for it... that is why I read from your post ; P

@ a majority of the posts above.

i get the feeling that most of you didn't watch the video. this video was from the perspective of investors and they thought that the wii would be a better investment than ps3 or 360 during the upcoming recession.

so yeah, from that perspective - i agree 100%.