By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fiscal Earnings - 70 Million Profit Year-End, Q4 - Loss (70 Million)

Train wreck said:

its 9 million for the new fiscal year. so the first option you have

thanks ... time to save money for the blockbuster games that will arrive later this year ...
until then mh3u :)

nintendo you better don't dissappoint me ...

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
ryuzaki57 said:
So they failed too meet revised forecasts from revised forecasts for both consoles? Nintendo can thank the central Bank of Japan.

Also, expecting 3DS to rise 30% when it's essentially flat compared to its first year on the market is bold imho.

Pssst...Pokemon. (+a bunch of other stuff but)....seriously. 

Expecting it not to rise would be idiotic.

Actually I looked it up and Pokemon on the DS in NPD sales at least didn't cause a sales spike at all, DS sales actually went down the month Pokemon came out on the DS, believe it or not. 

Pokemon fans aren't some specific group ... they tend to be Nintendo fans, which would make sense, as the only place to play Pokemon games for the last 15 years has been on Nintendo consoles.

As such I would venture a guess and say "Pokemon fans" are "Nintendo fans", and they aren't just going to sit and wait for years for a Pokemon game to come out.

I think Monster Hunter 4 in Japan will actually probably cause the biggest hardware spike. I think there's still a bunch of the MonHun crowd sticking to their old PSPs that will finally bite the bullet once MH4 arrives.

When is Nintendo investors meeting? Hopefully we get GFK charts.

Vinniegambini said:
curl-6 said:
Vinniegambini said:
mii-gamer said:
im confused, did they make a profit or a loss? This article (http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/24/4260062/nintendo-2012-earnings) said they posted a second consecutive annual loss. Dafuq? Can someone explain it to me

Nintendo lost money as a company - over 350 million

However, Nintendo as a whole, made money because of favourable currency exchanges which resulted in a net profit of 70 million.

Is that in yen or USD?

US, people understand it better ;)

Lmfao they took the article down. Proves the media loves any negative news about Nintendo. Serves them right for jumping the gun. Not gonna trust anything from the verge now. The guy who wrote the article is probably in deep shit.

Anyone else notice only 5m 3ds sales for 2013?
Seems really low, but I have been saying for a while that 3ds was falling off. I just didn't expect such a drop.

Around the Network

3DS will re-bound with Pokemon

It's just that simple.

theprof00 said:
Anyone else notice only 5m 3ds sales for 2013?
Seems really low, but I have been saying for a while that 3ds was falling off. I just didn't expect such a drop.

Um wrong. The figures that were released today are from Jan-Mar

@newwil
I'm talk about the new fiscal year prediction. At 100 posts per page you'll find it on page 2 in this thread.

Oh nevermind, I thought they were talking cumulative about shipping 18 m seems like a lot for fy2013. Another price drop coming?

Anyone know when the investor's Q&A is..?