By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: give the Wii U time.

Aside from yes WiiU needs games...

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

So you just read the headline (which he never said himself) and not the article?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

How many of you actually read the article?  Or the original CNN article itself? 

How many of you read the baited headline from MCV and thought Miaymoto actually said that?

Miyamoto never once talked about the compeition.

Read the real article and not the fanboy bait.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/nintendo-miyamoto-wii-u/index.html

4-5 pages of people fighting over the headline that isn't even in the damn article to begin with.

spread it, spread it around the world!!!

Do you ever go on N4G or comments sections on Nintendo videos on YouTube? the hate Nintendo gets is unbelievable in the comments sections, there's seems to be a genuine hate for Nintendo amongst the two fan bases, and it tends to be these two fan bases that start with Nintendo fans, i find Nintendo fans tend to mind there own business, I guarantee there's been more Nintendo doomed articles than Sony or ms

Gamerace said:

wow, like every non-nintendo gamer you wish the company/developers to go out of buisness but in the same time you wish they go third party. that shows me every fucking time that nintendo games have a charme almost everyone appreciates.

Around the Network

Hey Miyamoto, I have my own TV, so I don't give a single shit about off screen TV play.

Where are the games? Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 need to be out right fucking now. Every day you stall, I think harder about ditching Nintendo.

At this point, I thought everyone just used Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant ect. to watch television. Cable television (and home phones for that matter) seem like outdated technology to me. Pretty much any show can be viewed instantly online now.

Also, HDTV's have become dirt cheap over the last 5-10 years so why not just buy a second television (I have two TV's in my game room, three if you count my 24 inch computer monitor ... all three were relatively cheap) or just use your laptop/computer in order to play a game and watch a TV show at the same time?

The only way I think I could get any use out of Wii U would be as a companion gaming device to my PC or console (xbox or PS3) that could be used when I have downtime, am waiting for a match to start, or need a temporary diversion. Even then, I could just use my 3DS which is cheaper with a significantly larger game library.

I think Miyamoto/Nintendo is sort of stuck in 1995 with this idea. I'd imagine that most people own or could own two TV's if they wanted to while also getting all of their TV/video entertainment via computer.

Don't get me wrong as I do intend to buy a Wii U again soon for the companion purpose as I mentioned eventually.

JakDaSnack said:

Maybe I've been hanging around the wrong crowd, but you are the first person I've met that has shown (at least to some extent) distaste in the wiiU, but thought that wonderful 101 looks phenominal.  Kudos!  I too am excited for that game:)  

Come on now, how could someone not? That game looks like so much fun!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"The challenge that we had was if someone wanted to view television, then you couldn't play games,” he explained. “We wanted to have a second screen for Wii U that would make it possible for people to essentially play games even if something else was on the TV.

Um, the PS4 will be able to do that aswell from day one with the vita, so... yeah.

Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:

So you just read the headline (which he never said himself) and not the article?

I'm responding to the article:

The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

That’s according to design legend Shigeru Miyamoto who speaking to CNN said that the Wii U’s impact will grow considerably over time.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Perhaps you should read it yourself.