By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US software tie ratios article by Next-Gen

well this proves that software sell on wii,but people will still be saying that its mostly ninty games that are selling

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

@kitler53

I don't want nitpick anything. I think that tie ratios are misleading ( like percentage ) if you don't cosider total userbase. 

In the case of Wii the relative small tie ratio is caused by the fast growing userbase ( the fastest in USA market history !? ).

Also I think that the graph that I post early are not very useful ( like isn't very useful comparing the first year fo Xbox 360 sales with first year of PS3 sales ) because these console are competing in the present, not in a theorical time.

In the end I think that sentences like " software don't sell on Wii because non-gamers don't buy software except Wii Sports" are pure bullshits.   

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.