By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS4 push Killzone/Infamous to new heights?

Yeah, i think so and hope so as both franchises deserve more recognition,

Loved killzone 2 and infamous :D

Around the Network

If its actually good this time, why not?

But its gonna have to compete with BF4 and CoD.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hard to tell as bundling skews things - Resistance and Motorstorm both racked up huge sales through bundling in the end.

I think both Killzone and InFamous will benefit greatly though, provided the PS4 launch is solid in general (Good price, marketing, suppply). I'd liken it more to Uncharted's launch on the Ps3, which had a lowish opening week but gained momentum week on week as the holidays drew closer - pretty much cause it was the outstanding piece of PS3 software at the time. I can see both racing past 2M before bundling if all goes well.

Unlike the Ps3 though the Ps4 looks like it's gonna have some big games from the off - BF4, AC4, Watch Dogs etc. That could easily hurt the exclusive sales... albeit it's a nice problem for Sony to have at launch - too many games! lol

i think they both have a good chance to increase in sales. both games dont have numbers in their tittles like killzone4 or infamous3. and im guessing thats mostly to attract new fans to the games. killzone shadow fall would seem like a great time for new comers two jump in, they wouldnt feel intimidated by having to know what happened in the 3 or 2 games before it, and then dismiss the game because they dont want to get a ps3 to find out. its a good marketing strategy and it might work out

Resistance sold over 4m when it was a launch title and while I absolutely loved Resistance 3 (probably my favorite FPS ever) I have to say that the first 2 were probably like 7/10 for me.

Regardless of my personal preference it was a new IP from a studio not known for them since they had been doing 3d platformers for 2 gens while KZ is coming from Guerrilla and has sold over 2m with previous installments that all came out mid-late in the gen. Hopefully Sony's new marketing team will do KZ justice as well since it's kinda their big first party showcase and what better to sell a system than a shiny exclusive FPS? Infamous I wish would get released in January or February. I feel like it won't get the attention it deserves although if Sony advertises it just as much I suppose it could work at launch. I love the series (more than KZ) but it will have to be truly stunning on commercials and and quick demos to get people to buy it at launch when COD, AC, KZ, BF, Watch Dogs, and others are all coming. Hell launch will help it too just give me them both!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers