By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studios’ creative director defends always-online Xbox 720

J_Allard said:

Ok then it's the reality you just told me.

it's the only one. your assumption is even more silly considering even ms fans go after his dumb ass.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

KAZ at it again;

Even Kaz is trolling now. Even Kaz is hyped about the 720.

Ex Graphics Whore.

so the news has been on some mainstream outlets too. Time, NBC, Yahoo etc. Apparently the reddit post has been taken down by the mods

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

#icant

Around the Network

[Update] We received an official statement from Microsoft, via the company's PR firm Edelman, concerning the tweets sent by Microsoft Studios' creative director Adam Orth last evening.

The statement reads as follows:

"We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/05/report-more-sources-say-next-xbox-will-require-always-on-internet-connection.aspx

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

sales2099 said:
GameAnalyser said:
"Deal with it" That's what the creative director chose to say. Is this going to create major issues? Well to me it looks like many XBox fans should be pissed off by now.

You'd like that wouldn't you? Since the thing won't actually release until November, assuming we are early adopters (I personally won't be), getting pissed off at rumors, and something that can be fixed with a simple firmware update, doesnt make sense.

so how exactly do you feel about this "always online" rumor potentially being true?

Well if its true, which it looks like it could be, then it's just ridiculous.

Although I'm more of a Sony or Nintendo man myself, I know plenty of people who have a 360. But this is just annoying us all, and you vote with your wallets after all. It just seems like a one way road to disaster, and even considering the possibility of it being true for any console from any company shows what a worrying g time we are in now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

M.U.G.E.N said:

This may or may not be a burnnnn aimed towards Arthur Geis and co

I hate this asshole too...but he has a point

Sometimes, and it may be rarely (the odd Jimquisition), I agree with the man. This is such a case.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

"Why on earth would I live there?" good one xD