By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mazty said:

No links ergo still no proof. Stop it. Stop pulling figures out of air. Your posts have no substance to them - just guess work. 

Lol, Ok tell me what numbers you want to see that would be proof to you ? Do catalogue prices count ?

Also do you want me to look up all different house building techniques and features a plain house can have for you ?

You have to tell me what exactly it is you want as proof ?

I always assumed that the knowledge that building quality has its price is common sense.

Btw the figures I pulled out of my ass are the figures I whitnessed when my parents build their house.

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
Mazty said:

No links ergo still no proof. Stop it. Stop pulling figures out of air. Your posts have no substance to them - just guess work. 

Lol, Ok tell me what numbers you want to see that would be proof to you ? Do catalogue prices count ?

Also do you want me to look up all different house building techniques and features a plain house can have for you ?

You have to tell me what exactly it is you want as proof ?

I always assumed that the knowledge that building quality has its price is common sense.

Btw the figures I pulled out of my ass are the figures I whitnessed when my parents build their house.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5268887

Common sense is don't jump into a fire, not the price of building materials........

Mazty said:

Common sense is don't jump into a fire, not the price of building materials........

You get what you pay for thats common sense to me. You might get more in the US but not that much more. 

If a house costs 1 million there is a reason for that. Even if you don't see it.

http://www.builddirect.com/Stone-Flooring/Result_N_4294967286+4294966291+71_Ne_8.aspx

http://www.builddirect.com/Stone-Flooring.aspx

Cheapest 2 bucks most expensive 15.

And energy efficency is important in Europe that also costs money for insulation but you get it back over the years. Without knowing all the details it might look overpriced and maybe it is but mostly there are good reasons why houses here are more expensive.

Netyaroze said:
Mazty said:

You get what you pay for thats common sense to me. You might get more in the US but not that much more. 

If a house costs 1 million there is a reason for that. Even if you don't see it.

http://www.builddirect.com/Stone-Flooring/Result_N_4294967286+4294966291+71_Ne_8.aspx

http://www.builddirect.com/Stone-Flooring.aspx

Cheapest 2 bucks most expensive 15.

And energy efficency is important in Europe that also costs money for insulation but you get it back over the years. Without knowing all the details it might look overpriced and maybe it is but mostly there are good reasons why houses here are more expensive.

Yes, location. That is why a house that is built the same can cost vastly different in different cities, or countries.Its all about location (and labor which is effected by location). That is why even with in your own country houses may have vastly different prices, with cities being double or triple per square foot compared to rural more open areas.  Land will effect price more than anything. With Europe being older and more built up land has a higher premium. In he US there is more open space than built space, there is plenty of room, so land is cheaper, except in cities.

thranx said:

Yes, location. That is why a house that is built the same can cost vastly different in different cities, or countries.Its all about location (and labor which is effected by location). That is why even with in your own country houses may have vastly different prices, with cities being double or triple per square foot compared to rural more open areas.  Land will effect price more than anything. With Europe being older and more built up land has a higher premium. In he US there is more open space than built space, there is plenty of room, so land is cheaper, except in cities.

Yes ofcourse I totally agree with you on that. 

I was refering to just the house prices. And new build ones. Nobody will build a cheap house on an expensive property. Or do people in the US buy a property for 800k and build a house for 150k on it ? And since space is so expensive all the money goes into the materials instead of size there is no other option to build a small house that reflects the worth of a small high priced property.

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
thranx said:

Yes ofcourse I totally agree with you on that.

I was refering to just the house prices. And new build ones. Nobody will build a cheap house on an expensive property. Or do people in the US buy a property for 800k and build a house for 150k on it ? And since space is so expensive all the money goes into the materials instead of size there is no other option to build a small house that reflects the worth of a small high priced property.

Your conclusion is built on the fallacy that people always build cheap houses where the land is cheap.  That's a false assumption.  A lot of houses in the country-side are amazing and well-constructed.  That's often because houses here are built on order rather than being constructed by a development company.  Buying a house that was built to sell is a risk, especially compared to a house where you can check on the construction as it's happening.

As far as expensive materials go, there is a point where you're no longer really paying for quality, but instead paying for luxury.

PullusPardus said:

I canada, you get bigger houses and newer ones for third of the price...

no one wants to live in canada though , I don't know why.

No that is not the case, the average house price in Saskatoon for instance is about $330,000 US for an unremarkable small house.  The average house price in Vancouver is nearly $750,000 US.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/housing-canada/

pokoko said:

Your conclusion is built on the fallacy that people always build cheap houses where the land is cheap.  That's a false assumption.  A lot of houses in the country-side are amazing and well-constructed.  That's often because houses here are built on order rather than being constructed by a development company.  Buying a house that was built to sell is a risk, especially compared to a house where you can check on the construction as it's happening.

As far as expensive materials go, there is a point where you're no longer really paying for quality, but instead paying for luxury.

I was making my assumption based on the linked huge cheap houses. As I said before a well constructed house in the US will cost alot aswell. 

But a 7000 sqft house for 450k can not be the same quality as a house half that size for alot more. 

I know that americans build high quality too. All I am saying is that you can't just dismiss everything in Europe as a rip off and not look at all the factors. We have cheap houses too but if they are not cheap there is a good reason for that even if they aren't bigger. 

And to quality vs luxury yes there is a line but its subjective for everyone and you really have to pay alot before all you do is aesthetics improvement.

Without knowing the location, it is difficult to ascertain whether or not -- or at least to what degree -- those housing in the UK may be over-priced.

Variables that go into housing prices include general economics and land availability. That is why during the oil crunch of the mid 1990s in the US (when oil values were down), you could get a huge house on a large lot in the Dallas, TX outskirts for $70,000 (USD), half of what it might cost in other places with even modest housing markets.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Netyaroze said:
pokoko said:

I was making my assumption based on the linked huge cheap houses. As I said before a well constructed house in the US will cost alot aswell. 

But a 7000 sqft house for 450k can not be the same quality as a house half that size for alot more. 

I know that americans build high quality too. All I am saying is that you can't just dismiss everything in Europe as a rip off and not look at all the factors. We have cheap houses too but if they are not cheap there is a good reason for that even if they aren't bigger. 

And to quality vs luxury yes there is a line but its subjective for everyone and you really have to pay alot before all you do is aesthetics improvement.

You are just presuming there is some sort of maximum price on how much land property will influence a value. You are wrong at every turn here buddy. I live in the UK and the housing here is shit - cold, damp and poor sound insulation:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19763791

It's much more to do with location than anything else.