By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ness & Marth Confirmed VIDEO of BRAWL OPENING SEQUENCE!

How many of the same characters do we need for the game. Ness is like Lucas and Marth is like Ike. So why would they put the same character types in the same game. That makes no sense and would wast space for a better different characters.

Around the Network

One other thing no one has pointed out Sonic is rolling on a Sonic themed stage which had not been revealed yet, and it looks to be green hill zone, go figure >_>.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I only want one clone and I think mny people feel like me.... we want falco :S

This is F***** amazing.... This has to be the best videogame of all time!!!(well I hope so...)

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Wheres luigi? Is he a secret character?

hes not cool enough to be a secret character.

seriously, if i played through the game to unlock luigi id be pissed.

Around the Network

^Luigi is an unlockable character once more.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

pimpcoop said:
How many of the same characters do we need for the game. Ness is like Lucas and Marth is like Ike. So why would they put the same character types in the same game. That makes no sense and would wast space for a better different characters.

Concerning Marth: Did you people play Melee?  Marth is considered one of the best and most used players in the game.  There is no way they were going to get rid of Marth of Sheik when they are so widely used and loved.  

Secondly, Marth is absolutely nothing like Ike.  They are both from the same series and they both have swords and the similarities end there.  One is very quick and agile [Marth] and the other is very slow and heavy [Ike] with totally different move sets.

I can't speak about Ness and Lucas, but I think there will be at least a few differences.  The makers of the game shied away from clones on purpose because they were so heavily used in Melee and people wanted more real variety.

Great music but I still prefer SSBM video.

Emmitt2222 said:
pimpcoop said:

Concerning Marth: Did you people play Melee?  Marth is considered one of the best and most used players in the game.  There is no way they were going to get rid of Marth of Sheik when they are so widely used and loved.  

Secondly, Marth is absolutely nothing like Ike.  They are both from the same series and they both have swords and the similarities end there.  One is very quick and agile [Marth] and the other is very slow and heavy [Ike] with totally different move sets.

I can't speak about Ness and Lucas, but I think there will be at least a few differences.  The makers of the game shied away from clones on purpose because they were so heavily used in Melee and people wanted more real variety.

Well from being VGC's #1 Earthbound fan I can say, Lucas is different from Ness, as Lucas doesn't have PK flash rather PK Ice, then he has the ropesnake to let him grab onto ledges while Ness doesnt, and he also has different A button moves, so while a couple moves are the same they play different, and there is still no official word on how Ness has changed, hopefully back to Original SSB where his PK lightning shot him up higher and also did more damage as he was not on par with most characters power or even speed to make up for the lack of power. (BTW Underpowered and I still stomped people with Ness =D )

i loved these characters from SSBM, glad they're back