By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Europe Wii Sales Turnaround in last 2 weeks

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=Wii&reg2=America&cons3=Wii&reg3=Europe&start=39082&end=39474

I realizes that the NA sales might have started to rebound last week, and we will know soon.  But indications are that Japan did not.  So, why so strong in Europe?  Is it really as simple as more supply is there?  Or is it something else?

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

Seeing as the supply is still very much constrained in most every country (Italy and Spain being the noteworthy exceptions), I suspect it is just a case of more systems being sent to Europe this last month or so.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Renar said:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=Wii&reg2=America&cons3=Wii&reg3=Europe&start=39082&end=39474

I realizes that the NA sales might have started to rebound last week, and we will know soon.  But indications are that Japan did not.  So, why so strong in Europe?  Is it really as simple as more supply is there?  Or is it something else?

Source indicated that Nintendo is holding back Wii's in japan for SSBB (as I said a few weeks back), and as render said Europe seems to be getting the lions share of shipments

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Also take into consideration the chunk of games we are finally getting ( Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Zack & Wiki, Nights, Ghost Squad, etc ). Lots of fresh software always boosts hardware respectively.

Spain is home of Wii in 2007, soldout PS3 in Spain in 2007

Around the Network

I think Japan was waiting for Brawl.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Renar said:

I realizes that the NA sales might have started to rebound last week, and we will know soon. But indications are that Japan did not. So, why so strong in Europe? Is it really as simple as more supply is there? Or is it something else?

I think the demand for Wiis in Europe just increased. I know Spain was called Sonyland a few months ago , but the Wii has recently been dominating it. And it's not as if the Wii has supply constraint in Europe (apart from a couple of countries) so if demand increases, sales increase.

And about Japan and SSBB, the more Nintendo concentrates on getting japanese hardcore gamers to the Wii, the better it is for Wii and Xbox 360. The biggest advantage PS3 has over 360 is the support from japanese devs, but if Nintendo forces them to focus more on the Wii it would mean the PS3's advantage weakens, therefore helping Microsoft.

Well I think its a supply thing. Europe was healthy in some, unhealty in other region before christmas, means there was a "stockpile" in shops, leading Nintendo to ship more in the US. Right know, Europe is getting their Wii's back, meaning Europe seems to get in Jan, what it missed in Dec.

Europe has been a strong market for DS, maybe the strongest, thanks to games like nintendogs and braintraining series, It seems nintendo would make Europe a strong market for wii too.... If sony lose Europe (I'm talking about PS2 numbers, market share), it would be a disaster for the brand...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Renar said:

I realizes that the NA sales might have started to rebound last week, and we will know soon. But indications are that Japan did not. So, why so strong in Europe? Is it really as simple as more supply is there? Or is it something else?

It's the power of Zack and Wiki... No lol... Dunno why, all they pump in is sold so i guess they shipped a bit more...

THE NETHERLANDS