By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 is "barely mediocre"? (According to Surfer Girl it is...)

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/

"Take it away, friendo:

remember this story? that figure was actually €21 million ($30 million) and it has only gone up from there (by gone up i mean it has doubled to €42 million/$60 million). by the time killzone 2 comes out it will dethrone shenmue as the most expensive video game ever made. the game should have cost the former figure but guerrilla's managerial lacks any sort of financial or work allocation skills, the studio has high turnover and a few other things. because of this incapacity a nice portion of the team at studio cambridge is assisting in development. to top this off the game may be pretty but it's barely mediocre and past the point of no return. the september release date floating around will without doubt be missed if guerrilla sticks to their intention of not releasing the game until its done which will be early next year.

To add to this, over at Insomniac, there is a general feeling of sharp resent towards Guerrilla and Killzone, as they believe that Guerrilla is imbibing the currency whilst they are delivering. In far less time and with less people, Insomniac have a far better title that is further along in development. This resent seems justified."

Around the Network

.. and she knows this how?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

doesnt sound like ted price to me..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I just want to see those lighting effects... and a demo would be nice too.

I don't know if it's accurate, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Around the Network

that would be a big blow to the ps3, after so much hype the last thing the system needs it's another Lair

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I doubt it will be another lair, i think it will have as good of gameplay as COD4 and graphics that match crysis on meduim/high

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wow, stay away from the comments section. The best her detractors can come up with is "whore."

I don't know if it is true or not, but it really wouldn't surprise me ...

In comparison to a new PC, PS3 or XBox 360 a PS2 project is fairly small and easy to manage and yet Guerrilla had a great deal of difficulty producing an average shooter on the PS2. To drastically increase the project size and (at the same time) drastically increase the quality of the project would be quite an amazing turn around for any company. Much like my cautions about Factor 5 with LAIR, I have been warning people that their expectations for Killzone 2 are unrealistic and that a few good looking screenshots and videos do not mean that the game will be any good.

carlos710 said:
that would be a big blow to the ps3, after so much hype the last thing the system needs it's another Lair

well we still don't know if its true.