By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Burnout to outsell X360 in America as well?

I think it will be closer than the userbases would indicate.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
TYLERxDURDEN1 said:
gebx said:
Username2324 said:
I don't know, 360 fans aren't really racers, and with all the talk of the PS3 version being better, it may be close.

Wii users are grandparents who only play bowling and PS3 are 13 year olds spoiled by their parents... hey lets keep stereotyping!

As a user on Live and what I experience on PS3, I am positive those spoiled 13 year olds have 360s and seem to make up the majority of the people talking on Halo 3.

<SHOCKED> are my stereotypes wrong??

I'm not offended, I just don't understand why people can't wrap their heads around the fact that the 360 is different from the old Xbox

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Yeah, UK charts showing pretty much situation in USA.

Anyway, it`s to early for ps3 multiplatform software to outsell x360. It will take some time, maybe games after GTA4 release..
4 mln. PS3.
11 mln. x360.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

segajon said:
^^ Don't know what talk you are hearing that the ps3 version is better, not trying to take sides of the 360 but the xbox version is getting better reviews look at gamerankings.com

Some reviews have said that the graphics and controls are better for PS3, but acheivements and custom soundtracks (and rumble) go for the 360

Overall they will be close, but the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version in the US

A decent comparison is Need for Speed (but that is a rubbish game), the PS3 , the 360 and comparison 

Europe numbers for PS3 are double the US numbers, and better than the 360 euro numbers, where the 360 sold more in the US than in Europe, nearly double the PS3's US number

The launch difference was 50k

Absolutely not, the 360 has almost three times the install base of the ps3 in the US so there is no way.

However, I actually think the 360's acheivment and gamer score advantage may be starting to disappear by the time summer roles around if Home is actually ever released (Rumor is that the ps3 "gamer score" will go well beyond what the 360 currently offers). So by the end of summer we could start seeing the ps3's attatch rates improve in the US dramatically because 360's acheivements is the main advantage at this time.  Time will tell. And hopefully GDC tells some.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

No way, in america any multi-platform game will do better on the 360... it will also happen with DMC4 even if many might remember the series as a playstation only series. I would only see it selling better if the game was really better (and i mean like REALLY better)... but even then...

@OP

Results are in.. and 360 Burnout sales doubled PS3

gebx said:
@OP

Results are in.. and 360 Burnout sales doubled PS3
You know, I think the original poster knew that. He just cherry picked a European case and used it to bash the 360.

When you add the two sets of numbers, the ps3 version still comes up woefully short. Has any ps3 game defeated the 360 version?

damkira said:

When you add the two sets of numbers, the ps3 version still comes up woefully short. Has any ps3 game defeated the 360 version?

I don't think so, it would be extremely hard for a game to do better on the PS3 since the 360 is ahead by 7,100,000 consoles.