By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with the best endings

Wright said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Virtue's Last Reward
Ghost Trick
Xenoblade had a perfect ending

Yup, totally agree. The ending to Ghost Trick was mind-blowing, to say the least. I still have to try out Virtue's Last Reward, I thought 999 had a pretty cool ending (The true one, of course).

I'm gonna say Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, just because Shu Takumi rocks.

If you thought 999 had a good ending, wait until you play VLR! That'll really blow your mind!

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Around the Network

-Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The other games all had excellent endings as well, but these two in particular really knocked me out. Wish I could play them again right now...! ToT

-The World Ends with You: Still one of my all-time favorites, please play it if you haven't already!

-Tales of Symphonia: It was an awesome ride all the way through, but I loved the way they wrapped it up. Very nice tie-in to the rest of the series, too.

Chrono Trigger (DS): Yet another awesome game, with several great endings. I'm sorry to say I've yet to see the additional ending they added for the DS version, but I do intend to unlock it at some point. Regardless, the game's main ending is a great one, albeit a little bittersweet.

Hmm

Bioshock Infinite

The single greatest ending in a game I've ever seen

Deadly Premonition.

And Flower.

Hard to really know. Many were good, the best I feel is FF7, the end from the original game made me think, what did the planet choose, secret ending revealed more. Problem was, sequals have undone this ending with the fan service crap.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Deadly Premonition.

And Flower.

I agree with your first choice =P

echoesfromthepast said:
Wright said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Virtue's Last Reward
Ghost Trick
Xenoblade had a perfect ending

Yup, totally agree. The ending to Ghost Trick was mind-blowing, to say the least. I still have to try out Virtue's Last Reward, I thought 999 had a pretty cool ending (The true one, of course).

I'm gonna say Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, just because Shu Takumi rocks.

If you thought 999 had a good ending, wait until you play VLR! That'll really blow your mind!

I want to. I don't own a 3DS though =(

Castlevania Lords of Shadow.
Vagrant Story.
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy Tactics.

Final Fantasy VIII & Spyro: Year of the Dragon. My love for these games knows no bounds.

The ending to Portal 2 was pretty good, too.