By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization Revolution put on indefinite hold

ikilledkenny said:
This honestly doesn't make any sense. Why would you go PS360 when you would sell better on Wii? Plus, they probably would have saved development costs if they had canned the other 2 versions.
Not really. first it started developing on PS360 systems then decide to do a Wii versions later and forget PSP all together. The Wii version wasn't to be out unitl late this year anyways. Second I believe they are a little under man right now. and third, it seems like to me they are favoring X-live to make more cash on extras.

Around the Network

As a fan of the Civilization series since the first on PC so many years ago, I will only tell you that the PS3 and 360 owners are either going to be very disappointed in how it controls/plays, or it will be dumbed down massively and completely alienate the traditional civilization crowd (raises hand, even though I'll give the DS version a shot).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

It did not saying it would not come, it just says we may get it late... maybe I am being optimistic...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Avinash_Tyagi said:
kingofwale said:
>Why would you go PS360 when you would sell better on Wii?

not really, mutiplatform PS360 will for sure sell better than just Wii alone. Look at AC and CoD4.

if all company cheapens out and make games like Chicken Run for the pure sake of "save development cost", it will ruin the game industry as a whole.

But this is a thinking person's game, not a mindless shooter or racer, its perfect for the Wii (lol, I kid)

Yeah, just like that one game where you stand on a white board and someone throws rings over your head like you're a circus seal.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I'll give the DS version a shot).

They are probably figure this out as it will  probably sale big on DS so choose DS development over Wii for now.

Around the Network

Well, 2K will die within 2 years, that much is certain. They already are in big financial trouble, and currently are totally ignoring the Wii. They tend to put way too much money in projects that will never be profitable. At the moment, 2K is one of the most stubborn development studios around, and sadly it will be their downfall.

If the market is changing, jump ship or drown.

> But this is a thinking person's game, not a mindless shooter or racer, its perfect for the Wii (lol, I kid)

but it's not a mini-game either. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Interesting choice.

I wonder if they are having difficulties trying to get everything running on the Wii? (Though you wonder if the DS will handle this... )

I wonder if they just don't get it? (But 2K is coming out with its leisure line as well as its sports line for the Wii).

I wonder if there is trouble at 2K?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Not sure why anyone cares... the console versions of this will suck. All of them. Hell, the PC version will probably suck too. Civilization has sucked pretty consistently since the turn of the century, and an awful publisher like 2K certainly won't be helping that.

naznatips said:
Not sure why anyone cares... the console versions of this will suck. All of them. Hell, the PC version will probably suck too. Civilization has sucked pretty consistently since the turn of the century, and an awful publisher like 2K certainly won't be helping that.

Civ 4 was a big step in the right direction at least. I am semi-interested in renting the game just to see how RTS work on the Wii. I am going to guess it will suck due to a lack of buttons, but I might be able to work around that.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229