By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phrases people don't use anymore in gaming

Not sure if this will take off, but I'll start with one very popular around 2007-2008...

"Not to mention"/"To name a few"

In the context of listing the great games that will be coming to a person's favourite console.

For example...

Xbots suck, they'll never get to play

MGS4, FFXIII Versus, Heavenly Sword, Haze, not to mention Gran Turismo 5"

It was a phrase used to list the last game on the list of all the games that person could think of in "List Wars" that were coming to their console of choice. It was heavily used by Sony fans in 2007-2008. The phrase was usually associated with listing games that weren't going to be released for at least 6 months or games that had only just been announced.

There was a period of time where Wii fans used it before it became painfully obvious that the Wii was a dead duck.

They used games like Okami, The Conduit and Mad World in their list but usually used the phrase in a defensive move as opposed to attacking as is the case with Sony fans.

Around the Network

"Halo killer"

"Ps3 has no gaems"

"guitar hero"

The Wii

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I blame it on Wii Fit

"Blast processing."

...wait, never mind.

"call of duty rocks"

My nuts hurt.

bananaking21 said:
"call of duty rocks"

...which is a shame. Call of Duty could have been very well the Counter Strike of the seventh generation. Call of Duty 4 was astonishing from beggining to end, and the multiplayer was awesome. But instead, they destroy the franchise by rehashing every single entry that came after it. Truly a shame.