By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 5

Quick question for you guys:

How many of you people will NOT buy Call of Duty 5 if it goes back to a World War II setting?

I know for a fact I will not put money towards Treyarch if they put out another crappy WWII FPS.

What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

I will not purchase call of duty 5, not because of the return to WWII, but because infanaty ward is not the developer, also There are a large amount of other shooting games that should keep me busy.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I agree with Zackblue, Infinity Ward is one of the best developers.

I'm pretty sure they confirmed the return to WWII, but I believe this time they are taking on the challenge of the Pacific, which has only been attempted once, and sadly, sadly failed.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I won't be buying it, I'll be too busy with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 to notice another WWII Shooter.

Around the Network

I have a few reasons why I won't be buying this game:

- no Infinity Ward. Bleh.

- WWII again... Oh fer crying out loud, give it a rest.

- Treyarch committed a mortal sin by putting stupid minigames in CoD3. They won't be getting more of my money any time soon.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I'll see what it looks like and it's features first. For me it's too early to decides, I just hope to god if they make a wii version, they actually put some effort into it and make it not look worse then CoD2 on the cube like CoD3.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

There is reason to go back, not after COD4 was the most profitable in the franchise. Now they are going to start milking the modern idea. Just like Ubisoft did with the Vegas thing with Rainbow Six. Companies become overly predictable.

I won't. COD 3 wasnt very good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm already looking at it with a 'meh' mainly because it's not Infinity Ward doing it and of course, because it's going back to World War II. I don't care if it's the Pacific, can't this series go anywhere else (not counting 4 of course)?

Perhaps I'll give it a look as more details come out, but if it's the same developers who did the third one, then I'm going to look at it in an even bigger 'meh'.

On the Call of Duty note, I wonder what Infinity Ward will do for their next game. Perhaps another issue going on in the game world they've already established in 4?