By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Woolworths drops HD-DVD

darthdevidem01 said:
SONY's gamble paid off....

That wouldn't be clear until Blu Ray started selling (or doesn't) really well.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Well, who cares about standalone players? I don't think people just buy PS3s to find out that they also include Blu-Ray. BR is one of the standout features of the PS3.

With that said, I don't even know why I'm in this thread. Physical storage will soon be a distant memory. Microsoft knows it. Apple knows it. Google knows it.

mr-money said:

Well, who cares about standalone players? I don't think people just buy PS3s to find out that they also include Blu-Ray. BR is one of the standout features of the PS3.

With that said, I don't even know why I'm in this thread. Physical storage will soon be a distant memory. Microsoft knows it. Apple knows it. Google knows it.

well... i'm not interested in watching movies on my pc. and i don't want to hook it up to my hdtv. i won't be downloading movies unless it's the only option

Blu- ray player sales include PS3 and are beating HD DVD players hands down yet PS3 sales are still shit.

@llewdebkram

depends what you mean by "shit"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
EHSTEVE said:
mr-money said:

well... i'm not interested in watching movies on my pc. and i don't want to hook it up to my hdtv. i won't be downloading movies unless it's the only option

Not only that, but until HD downloads don't take days and aren't only rentals, blu-ray will be around. That will take years. I'm all for having all of my movies on the internet waiting to be streamed, but I want HD content on my HDTV, and that can't be stored online with easy accesibility yet. Blu-ray is already here and looks great. Not to mention it doesn't scratch so it will last a long time.

llewdebkram said:
Blu- ray player sales include PS3 and are beating HD DVD players hands down yet PS3 sales are still shit.

I don't know how you can say PS3 sales are "still shit". Worldwide PS3 has beaten 360 five weeks in a row, and the 6th is coming up this week. It looks more like the future market will be divided into two markets:

- party&social players (Wii)

- hi-tech/serious players & hi-def media center owner (PS3)

360 with its shrinking market share and broken consoles is more likely destined to fail during this year.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

boycop said:
llewdebkram said:

I don't know how you can say PS3 sales are "still shit". Worldwide PS3 has beaten 360 five weeks in a row, and the 6th is coming up this week. It looks more like the future market will be divided into two markets:

- party&social players (Wii)

- hi-tech/serious players & hi-def media center owner (PS3)

360 with its shrinking market share and broken consoles is more likely destined to fail during this year.

And the 7th week when DMC4 comes out in japan

10-1 ouch, i thought they were only selling 3-1