By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want No More Heroes, but not the US release because of rating

I have really wanted to get this game, but I will not buy it in the US because of the gore and the language.  Is it possible to buy and play the Europe version, and is the language taken out of that one?  Is there another version that can be bought to play on a US Wii?

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

You won't be able to play a European game on an American console.

You could get your system modded, with the caveats that it's

1. Illegal

2. Not worth it for one game

3. Likely to destroy your Wii

1) European games have English spoken maincharacters most of the time.

2) You can import games from the EU. Note that EU is PAL-territory and US is NTSC-territory.

3) To solve the territory-problem (named above) you have to get yourself a disc that's called a 'freeloader'. This enables you to play games with the PAL regionlock on it with an NTSC Wii.

EDIT: No more heroes in Europe is censored, so no RED blood in that version. Can't garantuee if there's another colour of 'blood' though 

THE NETHERLANDS

Desroko said:

You won't be able to play a European game on an American console.

You could get your system modded, with the caveats that it's

1. Illegal

2. Not worth it for one game

3. Likely to destroy your Wii

Or you just get a freeloader disc... Which doesn't kill your Wii... and IS worth getting... 

But ye, it's illegal! But like your gonna get caught with that stuff! Police can't check your Wii and can't even get in your house without authorisation! 

THE NETHERLANDS

I'm pleased to see the "M" rating is having the desired effect.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:

I'm pleased to see the "M" rating is having the desired effect.

Do they seriously check your age in a gamestore when purchasing a game in the US?...

THE NETHERLANDS

I think his problem is not that he'll get carded, but that he doesn't want to play a gory, foul-mouthed game around his parents or children.

It is like Desroko said, I am 29, not a child and could buy the game if I wanted, but I just do not want to hear cussing in my games or see the amount of gore. The game looks cool and would still be cool without those things. I guess I just will not play it. Oh well, I have tons of other stuff to keep me busy right now anyway.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

kazadoom said:
It is like Desroko said, I am 29, not a child and could buy the game if I wanted, but I just do not want to hear cussing in my games or see the amount of gore. The game looks cool and would still be cool without those things. I guess I just will not play it. Oh well, I have tons of other stuff to keep me busy right now anyway.

I'm not knocking you on your beliefs in any way at all, in fact, more power to you for sticking to them so strongly, but No More Heroes is kind of all about the debauchery and gore.

Even without the gore and the foul language it's still very much an adult oriented game and judging from what I've seen from you, you wouldn't want to play this game. There are still heavy sexual themes and I'm not actually sure that the EU took out the foul language (could be wrong on that one). 

And personally, without all the stuff the EU version took out, the game isn't the same and would get old pretty quickly as it would take away much of the style, but that's just my opinion.

-edited by twesterm-

If can't say anything constructive or nice then don't say anything all.