By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jack Thompson defended Gaming? NO WAY!

Source Kotaku

Jack Thompson Defends Mass Effect

Believe it or not Jack Thompson and I email sorta regularly. Granted he usually emails me bizarre, over-the-top press releases (which I often don't post) and I respond with disjointed quotes from movies, which I hope will one day remove that last wobbly hinge of his. (No luck yet).

Last week Jack emailed me a press release entitled "Grand Theft Auto IV to Be Released April 29; Culture War Begins Now" and after my typical poking, I got on to the topic of the Mass Effect controversy and was shocked, literally out of my socks, to find him defending the game... sort of. Apparently, even anti-gaming crusader Jack Thompson found self-help author Cooper Lawrence (who he refers to as a man), uninformed and the entire controversy contrived. Hellooooo kettle.

To: Brian

Immediate News Release - January 24, 2008
Grand Theft Auto IV to Be Released April 29; Culture War Begins Now

To: Jack

I like your new glasses.

Wow, as usual you're grasping the real news here.

I'm surprised you haven't been looking into Mass Effect.
http://kotaku.com/348692/ea-fighting-mad-about-fox-news-but-still-no-correction?cpage=2#viewcomments

Why would you be surprised. I don't see any problem with it. The guy who shot his mouth off about it had no idea what the Hell he was talking about.

You mean you're OK with mass effect?

Of course. This contrived controversy is absolutely ridiculous. Report that, why don't you?

Consider it reported. Now where did my socks go?

Around the Network

o.O wow this is amazing and shocking. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

wow. Now all we need is Jesus to return.

Not even John Lucas saw this one coming. o_O

Staged!! i'm calling it now, thompson staged this to lull people into a false sense of credibility.

Around the Network

wow.... That is just weird....

I like your new glasses.

ROFFLE!

Jack probably only "defended" Mass Effect because he knew Cooper Lawrence was already on her way to a trainwreck and he didn't want to buy a ticket.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Would have been better if he said she got pwned ...search your feelings ..you know it to be true.

To Each Man, Responsibility
ClaudeLv250 said:
I like your new glasses.

ROFFLE!

Jack probably only "defended" Mass Effect because he knew Cooper Lawrence was already on her way to a trainwreck and he didn't want to buy a ticket.

Jack Thompson has been in so many train wrecks that no driver should ever let him on board, one more wouldn't hurt.

Maybe he is just anti-violence not anti-sex? 

Rath sums it up. Video game sex isn't his specialty, video game violence is what he goes after, so he's got his own car to wreck without trying to hijack someone else's.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her