By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the most recent game you've beaten without strategy guides/Forum help/Nerf Patches/Cheats?

Tagged games:

adriane23 said:
bananaking21 said:
i really dont care much for hidden stuff, unless they are essential to the game, like the magic and health upgrades in god of war. and also i generally preffer fast paced games, i dont like sticking around looking behind every corner, i just want to progress once im done.

honestly i love boss fights, well as long as they are good. if a boss fight sucks its not that i dont mind using cheap tactics, i actually prefer using cheap tactics. i do agree a lot of boss fights use patterns in them, its i have to do the same thing 3 times and he is done. though thats why i love god of war, even though they use these patterns they usually progress and increase in difficulty as time passes and i need to change my tactic, and in God of was ascension those patterns seem to be 99% gone. there is a boss fight in GoW A which is one of my favorite of all time, the boss fight right before  meeting the oracle, patterns are completely gone, he also changes tactics so i have to change them as well. and fighting him just seemed so dynamic, it felt that as the fight went on each of us were using our strengths and trying to crush each other by taking advantage of each others weeknesses, i honestly loved it. 

Yeah, that fight was pretty damn awesome. It was really satisfying killing that bastard.

even though it wasnt the most epic boss fight, (that goes to poseidon) it was one of the best, if not the best fight i ever played. it just felt really dynamic

Around the Network

Gears Of War: Judgement. I usually don't use guides unless it's for jrpgs or rpg type games anyway.

platformmaster918 said:
Busted said:
lol who does that? anyways Mass Effect 3 - i sold my Xbox after that and now i don't have console to play new games :(

PS3 and its exclusives are calling

Oh you bet it is! but im only interested in the last of us since im not a huge fan of GoW (thou i enjoy it) and didnt' like Heavy Rain at all so... i may just wait for the PS4 and more news on how can you play PS3 games on it, stream, rental, via satelite or whatever ^^ 

Busted said:
platformmaster918 said:
Busted said:
lol who does that? anyways Mass Effect 3 - i sold my Xbox after that and now i don't have console to play new games :(

PS3 and its exclusives are calling

Oh you bet it is! but im only interested in the last of us since im not a huge fan of GoW (thou i enjoy it) and didnt' like Heavy Rain at all so... i may just wait for the PS4 and more news on how can you play PS3 games on it, stream, rental, via satelite or whatever ^^ 

just take a look at my collection to see how many more awesome ones there are.  I can get waiting to see what's up with the cloud though.  I'm hoping for PS+ to include all the online stuff on PS4.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers