By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - March Madness (NCAA)

Tagged games:

I don't follow college sports ever but I figured I'd make the thread for people who may.

All I know is my school (Marquette) has won 2 impressive games. Both needing to make a come from behind run to eventually win. They are in the Sweet Sixteen going to DC

Mens:

Womens:

Around the Network

It's been an excellent tournament so far. I love upsets. I was watching the UNC game with a friend but we switched away to watch that Florida Gulf Coast team send Georgetown packing. That was awesome. The chronically overrated Big East has been embarrassed again. No idea why they get so many bids when the same teams vanish in the tournament year after year.

I'm still trying to figure out how Villanova lost to a UNC team without any rebounding or inside presence. Normally I'd say that UNC deserved to lose that game, only Villanova deserved to lose it even more. Can't imagine they'll have a prayer against Kansas, though.

Updated with the most current bracket I could find.

(I thought people loved this hence the March Madness title)

The Miami Heat's current winning streak is more interesting then the NCAA Tournament I think they have a good change of besting the 1971-72 Lakers 33 game winning streak.

Chris Hu said:
The Miami Heat's current winning streak is more interesting then the NCAA Tournament I think they have a good change of besting the 1971-72 Lakers 33 game winning streak.

No way.  The NBA regular season is almost as lackluster as the MLB regular season.  Most players are cruising at about 70%.  It's not until the playoffs that a lot of them click off the auto-pilot.

The NCAA tounament, on the other hand, is all about heart and effort, which is why you see so many upsets.  Watching a team like Florida Gulf Coast, seeded 15th and in thier very first tounament, beat a number 2 seed like Georgetown was more epic than the entire NBA regular season combined, even if the Heat do end up with the record.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Chris Hu said:

No way.  The NBA regular season is almost as lackluster as the MLB regular season.  Most players are cruising at about 70%.  It's not until the playoffs that a lot of them click off the auto-pilot.

The NCAA tounament, on the other hand, is all about heart and effort, which is why you see so many upsets.  Watching a team like Florida Gulf Coast, seeded 15th and in thier very first tounament, beat a number 2 seed like Georgetown was more epic than the entire NBA regular season combined, even if the Heat do end up with the record.

Well since NCAA Basketball has the one year and you can turn pro rule its nowhere near as interesting as NCAA Football where player have to stay for three years and even that hasn't been too interesting lately since the SEC has been dominating for almost a decade now.

Put in womens bracket but I'm thinking no one cares.