By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Poll - Lifetime sales of WiiU will most likely be around....

WiiU's lifetime sales will probably be around

10 - 20 Million 44 7.69%

20 - 30 Million 88 15.38%

30 - 40 Million 89 15.56%

40 - 50 Million 95 16.61%

50 - 60 Million 92 16.08%

60 - 70 Million 54 9.44%

70 - 80 Million 32 5.59%

80 - 100 Million 13 2.27%

100+ Million 21 3.67%

See results 44 7.69%

Total:572

While we can all agree there are many factor's around WiiU's current sluggish sales, I think we can all agree on two primary ones:

It needs (major, exclusive) games - and these will come in time.

It has failed to spark people's imagination the way Wii did or the more powerful next gen consoles most likely will for the core.

Most people here would have told you Wii only had one game worth owning for quite a while - Zelda:Twilight Princess (which was also on Gamecube so no one needed to buy a Wii for it).   But Wii sold primarily on Wii Sports and the excitement of motion controls.  Clearly this isn't the case with WiiU.

Other factors include - lack of power, price, poor 3rd party support, poor focus, poor marketing, gamepad is putting off people, etc.

Based on these factors - what do you currently think Wii 's lifetime sales will be?

Around the Network

"Defense mode engaged"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

xD

20m-30m would be a safe bet

I wish the increments were in 5million and started at 20mil.... obviously wii u wont get less than that or more than 70mil.

Around the Network

20-30 million

2,712,674 units lifetime. Tomorrow Nintendo will announce they will become a 3rd praty company and will no longer make consoles.

Nintendo and PC gamer

40-50 million.

I don't expect it to be another Gamecube or another Wii. I expect it to sell a few million above the N64.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

50-55mil No less no more.
Casuals made up 50mil of the original Wii's Install base. So I don't see it especially with the Heavy competition.

Max King of the Wild said:
I wish the increments were in 5million and started at 20mil.... obviously wii u wont get less than that or more than 70mil.

Actually I tried that but there aren't enough spots to do it in 5m increments.