By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should there be a licence to reproduce?

Answer the damn question!

Yes 27 49.09%

No 28 50.91%

Total:55

I vote Yes, but only if you can come up with a system that actually works. Good ideas are only as good as the mechanisms created to implement those ideas.

My take on this is that people can have as many kids as they want. HOWEVER, they should not feel entitled to financial assistance from the government because they chose to have children while not being financially able to support them. They need to face their own consequences. Our tax dollars should not be going to pay for someone else's irresponsibility.

I am not against Welfare. I do think Welfare is necessary but definitely could use some adjusting to make it be a more efficient system. The way we have it now just doesn't work IMO. There needs to be more accountability. The people receiving aid should not have false expectations that they can just do nothing and expect the government to take care of them for the rest of their lives. It's important to help those who are in need, but the end goal should be to get these people to be self-sustaining people. Get them on their feet, help them find a job, and assimilate them back into society.

Around the Network

Am I the only one that has seen many good people come from broken homes and many fucked up people come from what socially admired families?

dobby985 said:
No, that's eugenics.
Nature can take care of self-destructive people on it's own.

At the expence of smart people. Watch Idiocracy that is where the world is heading atm.

ON TOPIC:

Rather than I license I think government incentives could be used.

ATM for example in Australia you get $5000 for having a child. Not sure if they changed it to baby shop couplons etc but in the past people would get $5K in cash. The problem with this is many low social people used this to buy plasma tvs rather than for supporting the baby.

To keep thinkgs short, the governemnts need to provide working people with incentives to have more kids.

• Better childcare support - if you earn too much you have to pay for it yourself. This discourages professional couples form having kids as they are already paying high taxes and at the same time childcare for them is so expensive they basically using one wage to raise a kid. If government offered better tax breaks for professionals who have kids more would have them.
  • Professional kids would get better education - meaning once they become adults better chance they become tax paying citizens and not dole accepting citizens. This is the main goal the government should have, ensuring that future workforce has enough tax payers to support the country.