By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock: Infinite- Reviews (95 on Metacritic!), game out now!

Where will it end up on Metacritic?

<80 19 4.44%

80-83 6 1.40%

84-86 20 4.67%

87-89 58 13.55%

90-92 161 37.62%

93+ 164 38.32%

Total:428

I guess Bioshock will lock onto the 94 and stay there.

Off-topic question does anyone know if we will have the "unlock framerate option" we had in Bioshock 2? I would turn it on Before doing anything, the smoothness clearly makes up for screen-tears

Around the Network

GOTY baby... I now that... I love this franchise... I need to play it.

And IGN is not the first BioShock Infinite reviews out in this world... Kaz (yes the GREAT KAZ) did the first review two day before IGN.

http://kazhiraiceo.posterous.com/exclusive-unbiased-review-bioshock-infinite

EXCLUSIVE UNBIASED REVIEW: Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is an incredible experience on PS3. It is a fantastic game with engaging characters, a fascinating story and rip-roaring action. It’s also a technical marvel; it harnesses the tremendous power of the PS3 with beautiful graphics and a solid frame rate.

It is a shame that the same cannot be said for the XBOX 360 version. On XBOX 360 it is terrible game with boring characters, a poor story and not enough action. It’s also a technical mess; the XBOX 360’s lack of power leads to ugly graphics and a poor frame rate. I had such a horrible time with the XBOX version that I burnt the disc as well as my 360 so that I could never be reminded of the excruciating experience. I would personally recommend all XBOX 360 owners to do the same with their console.

So in conclusion, the PS3 version is so incredible that you should buy a copy for yourself, as well as 10 more copies to give to your friends. More importantly though, the XBOX 360 version is awful and should be avoided at all costs.

PS3 Version: 11 out of 10

XBOX 360 Version: 0 out of 10

PS. Meta need to add this review. 

I will definitely be getting Bioshock Infinite. But my backlog is too long right now so I'm not even going to pick it up until I have time to play it. I still need to finish Bioshock 2. I was in the middle of it when Halo 4 came out and I played Halo 4 until Tomb Raider game out and now I'm playing Gears of War Judgement. That's just the tip of the killer game iceberg that I want to get through before I'm ready to move on to Bioshock Infinite. Maybe by the time I'm ready I can find it on sale! The only thing that will change my mind is if the internet starts filling up with spoilers and it would be easier to just play the game than avoid them.

ethomaz said:

GOTY baby... I now that... I love this franchise... I need to play it.

And IGN is not the first BioShock Infinite reviews out in this world... Kaz (yes the GREAT KAZ) did the first review two day before IGN.

http://kazhiraiceo.posterous.com/exclusive-unbiased-review-bioshock-infinite

EXCLUSIVE UNBIASED REVIEW: Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite is an incredible experience on PS3. It is a fantastic game with engaging characters, a fascinating story and rip-roaring action. It’s also a technical marvel; it harnesses the tremendous power of the PS3 with beautiful graphics and a solid frame rate.

It is a shame that the same cannot be said for the XBOX 360 version. On XBOX 360 it is terrible game with boring characters, a poor story and not enough action. It’s also a technical mess; the XBOX 360’s lack of power leads to ugly graphics and a poor frame rate. I had such a horrible time with the XBOX version that I burnt the disc as well as my 360 so that I could never be reminded of the excruciating experience. I would personally recommend all XBOX 360 owners to do the same with their console.

So in conclusion, the PS3 version is so incredible that you should buy a copy for yourself, as well as 10 more copies to give to your friends. More importantly though, the XBOX 360 version is awful and should be avoided at all costs.

PS3 Version: 11 out of 10

XBOX 360 Version: 0 out of 10

PS. Meta need to add this review. 

Definitely, it's so unbiased. Reviewers could learn from this!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'll buy this game and others such as GoW: Ascension, irregardless of score. And I'm pretty sure they will not only disappoint me but also give me plenty of enjoyment.

Reviewers are just tired of this gen and I understand that to a point, but at least they're not giving out 80s and 90s as easily as before. We'll see if that level of exigency is maintained for next-gen's early games and beyond.

Around the Network

When does the embargo end?

Nintendo and PC gamer

I hate review embargos.

pezus said:
Another review: http://baziwood.ir/1392/01/03/second-bioshock-infinite-review-score-is-in/

90/100

Balance-6

"It's too easy"

Concerning stuff.

Just watched the IGN review and its the first time i have ever just watched a review and then brought the game straight away! got it for £29.99!

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Another review: http://baziwood.ir/1392/01/03/second-bioshock-infinite-review-score-is-in/

90/100

Balance-6

"It's too easy"

Concerning stuff.

Meh. Could be said about most games anyway. I'll be playing it for the story and atmosphere mostly (and the fun gameplay).

IGN didn't mention it being too easy though. Doesn't it have difficulty levels? Or maybe not

Indeed, but if it's really easy enough for it to be a legitimate complaint and give the balance 6, then it is quite a concern. I play games for the story, but I also like to be pushed. If I'm not, then the story had better be pretty damn fantastic. Fortunately, that seems to be the case.