By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators by Country - the local global village

@thibje: I think overall, a person should be picked by his suitability in the sense of how he posts on the forums, how he participates in the site. so selecting solely by region/ origin/ language proficiency is not a good thing.

However, no one can tell me we have sufficient guys from Europe on here that would be very respectable and respected mods. so why again two guys from the USA?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

@ Faxanadu

I would love to be a mod and contribute to this site but I think I am not well-known enough. Although I have been here since December '06.

[

thibje said:
@ Faxanadu

I would love to be a mod and contribute to this site but I think I am not well-known enough. Although I have been here since December '06.

well you speak dutch don't you? :) mod time;)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'd love to be a mod. Though, I'm pretty sure people are fed up reading about half the members wanting to be mods, so I keep quiet about it.

Not that people seem to notice, nor care about me.

Oh, and if you thought DKII was a hard arse with rules about spamming and the like, you probably wouldn't like me much.

kirby007 said:
thibje said:
@ Faxanadu

well you speak dutch don't you? :) mod time;)

Ja, ik spreek nederlands.
Yes, I am speaking Dutch.
Oui , je parle néerlandais.

:p

[

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

ioi recently posted this link

It shows:

United States - 25.9%
Spain - 6.2%
Canada - 5.7%
France - 5.6%
United Kingdom - 4.2%

So the ammount of US mods is alright. But a few European mods from Spain or France wouldn't be bad either.

If you tally up the percentages overall it's 24.3% for Europe. Also with a lot of European countries not mentioned, and 'Others' making up 21.5% It could easily be well over 25%.

Also take into account the site poll which showed a higher percentage of European users then American users. Perhaps a lot of the Europeans are only guests.

It's interesting to note that 2.3% of Vgchartz users come from Venezuela. That's a higher percentage of users than from either Germany or Italy.

@Dallinor. EXACTLY. and there are NO MODS from Europe. UK doesnt count as Europe, as they dont participate in the European Football Championship. So definitely not Europe.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ismael said:
konnichiwa said:
ismael said:
i don't want to be a mod, but i think we need a Spanish one.

Diomedes???

no, he is extremely biased,

Spanish mod or a mod speaking spanish??

Yo hablo muy bien español... Vote for me...

LOL 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I dont really see what the purpose is knowing many languages as moderator, the standard language is pretty much english.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

LOL. Guys, I'm not really from Uzbekistan.

For the record, I'm also not three years old, my region is not "A dumpster behind Vons", and my education is not "Yes, pleeze."

The gullible factor is through the roof today.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/