By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators by Country - the local global village

Riot Of The Blood said:
This site does not have a spell-check feature, so it's a bit hard to catch a mistake like that. I would normally spell check my post then make corrections, but that's not an option on this site. When writing a lot more than one or two sentences, it's harder to notice a mistake you have made. I wish this site did have a spell-check tool.
Have you got firefox? there is a spell-check add-on, although it doesn't work for me. Seems to work for others though.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm using Fire Fox. Where can I get this add-on?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

RolStoppable said:
SleepWaking said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
This site does not have a spell-check feature, so it's a bit hard to catch a mistake like that. I would normally spell check my post then make corrections, but that's not an option on this site. When writing a lot more than one or two sentences, it's harder to notice a mistake you have made. I wish this site did have a spell-check tool.
Have you got firefox? there is a spell-check add-on, although it doesn't work for me. Seems to work for others though.

Spell-check is dumbed down crap for casuals. Someone as hardcore as me wouldn't want to submit his posts with the help of a computer program. Stay to the roots and proofread texts yourself. Don't let spell-check ruin writing as we know it.

Congrats, Rol. You have made Riot LMAO.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Yeah, I'm using Fire Fox. Where can I get this add-on?

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/browse/type:3

If Vgchartz is looking for a European mod... Im from Europe ... And i own a PS3 and a Wii so no bias there ...

... Just hintin'!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

@ Kirby

I'm always online between 8-11 in the morning and I know exactly what you're talking about, it's a virtual ghostown.

Faxanadu said:
Look at all our friends from the Netherlands or even someone as weird as Parokki. You have any issues with their grammar?

Why thank you... I guess. =P

Language skill aren't much of an issue for mods really. Picking up sarcasm is extremely hard in a language you aren't very familiar with, but that's notoriously hard on the internet anyway. The only non-native speaker regular member I can think of who makes lots of mistakes is y-koron, and even his posts are very easy to understand. Native speakers who don't care because it's the internet are much more troublesome, especially ones who practice CAPITALIZATION of completely RANDOM words, and excessive amounts of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we could really use some mods who aren't from North America. Lots of time zones have no coverage at all, and the current team doesn't quite convey the international nature of the site. 

(I have no idea what that last bit meant.) 

All our most active members being from a completely different time zone must be why I feel like I'm never around when something cool happens, and the threads that I start only come to life when I've gone to sleep. Very annoying. ;__;

Parokki said:

All our most active members being from a completely different time zone must be why I feel like I'm never around when something cool happens, and the threads that I start only come to life when I've gone to sleep. Very annoying. ;__;

Yeah that really is rather annoying. You log on and see a really interesting new thread, glance down and it already has 65 replies. By that stage the thread has usually de-railed.

Or a interesting new thread pops up, you write a few replies, but there are so few people online it soon get's boring. You log on the next day, it has 100+ replies.

*Sigh* Woe is us of the timezone gap...

You would make a decent mod yourself, Parokki. I definitely wouldn't mind you being one of our leaders.

Parokki said:
Faxanadu said:
Look at all our friends from the Netherlands or even someone as weird as Parokki. You have any issues with their grammar?

Why thank you... I guess. =P

Language skill aren't much of an issue for mods really. Picking up sarcasm is extremely hard in a language you aren't very familiar with, but that's notoriously hard on the internet anyway. The only non-native speaker regular member I can think of who makes lots of mistakes is y-koron, and even his posts are very easy to understand. Native speakers who don't care because it's the internet are much more troublesome, especially ones who practice CAPITALIZATION of completely RANDOM words, and excessive amounts of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we could really use some mods who aren't from North America. Lots of time zones have no coverage at all, and the current team doesn't quite convey the international nature of the site. 

(I have no idea what that last bit meant.) 

Is the excessive exclamation marks calim about me? 

I do post a lot of exclamation marks, but only because you can't get across how monumental something is with just one.  And because you can't yell on the internet, you have to get your point across someway.

Also, I agree with Riot of the Blood, and feel that you'd make a great mod.