By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators by Country - the local global village

So Faxanadu you want to be a mod?

Around the Network

i don't mind seeing Faxanadu becoming mod

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Mods should have decent grammar. When your native tongue is not english, it may be harder for you to post clearly. Just look at our PS3 fans... Would you want one of them trying to be a mod?

Well Cklmb and SSj12 are both PS3 fans, and both have achieved the fabled status of modmanship.

Also, not all PS3 fans have atrocious grammar. Take Dallinor for example, a fine upstanding member of the Vgchartz community. His grammar is second to none.

What a guy...

RolStoppable said:
Okay, I think this settles it. Faxanadu will become a mod. Congratulations.

awww do you want too become one too?:D you have my vote

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Faxanadu said:
@Riot: I find the assumption of non-native speakers to not have sufficient grammar skills quite irritating. Look at all our friends from the Netherlands or even someone as weird as Parokki. You have any issues with their grammar?

Note from world to native english speakers: We speak and understand your language fairly well, thank you very much.

Unlike english native speakers who start complaining once a thread switches to spanish. I can only say to those complaints: callate!

I'm not saying that all non-native speakers have crap grammar. Onna76, for example, is a fine poster. However, it may be hard for some people to post wit advanced grammar. Keep in mind that the mods do a lot of articals. You have to able to clearly to do something like that. I have nothing against people who arn't the best at english. It's no big deal. But imagine someone like Kirby007 trying to write a news artical. It just wouldn't work out.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Faxanadu said:
@Riot: I find the assumption of non-native speakers to not have sufficient grammar skills quite irritating. Look at all our friends from the Netherlands or even someone as weird as Parokki. You have any issues with their grammar?

Note from world to native english speakers: We speak and understand your language fairly well, thank you very much.

Unlike english native speakers who start complaining once a thread switches to spanish. I can only say to those complaints: callate!

I'm not saying that all non-native speakers have crap grammar. Onna76, for example, is a fine poster. However, it may be hard for some people to post wit advanced grammar. Keep in mind that the mods do a lot of articals. You have to able to clearly to do something like that. I have nothing against people who arn't the best at english. It's no big deal. But imagine someone like Kirby007 trying to write a news artical. It just wouldn't work out.

i would not even become mod, mind you

Riot Of The Blood said:
Faxanadu said:

LOLZ  OMG with?

Dallinor said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Mods should have decent grammar. When your native tongue is not english, it may be harder for you to post clearly. Just look at our PS3 fans... Would you want one of them trying to be a mod?

Well Cklmb and SSj12 are both PS3 fans, and both have achieved the fabled status of modmanship.

Also not all PS3 fans have atrocious grammar. Take Dallinor for example, a fine upstanding member of the Vgchartz community. His grammar is second to none.

What a guy...

even crazzyman is more logical than you! =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

SleepWaking said:

I think there are Europeans on here worthier than me. Rol, Onna (a bit inactive these days), Parokki and some others come to mind.

@Riot, there are some native speakers on here, especially from the UK, who have hideous grammar. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
SleepWaking said:

I think there are Europeans on here worthier than me. Rol, Onna (a bit inactive these days), Parokki and some others come to mind.

@Riot, there are some native speakers on here, especially from the UK, who have hideous grammar.

Hmm, leo comes to mind, although he's from the US ofcourse =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!