By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators by Country - the local global village

konnichiwa said:
rocketpig said:
LOL. Guys, I'm not really from Uzbekistan.

For the record, I'm also not three years old, my region is not "A dumpster behind Vons", and my education is not "Yes, pleeze."

The gullible factor is through the roof today.

=p Crap... I used you for a example in a discussion about East Europeans on forums..

Eastern Europe???? Are you serious?

Then I am totally for accepting the Eastern European country of China into the European Union.  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
konnichiwa said:
rocketpig said:
LOL. Guys, I'm not really from Uzbekistan.

For the record, I'm also not three years old, my region is not "A dumpster behind Vons", and my education is not "Yes, pleeze."

The gullible factor is through the roof today.

=p Crap... I used you for a example in a discussion about East Europeans on forums..

Eastern Europe???? Are you serious?

Then I am totally for accepting the Eastern European country of China into the European Union.

Africa is also just a southern European island like Malta and Cyprus. Most people know Africa better than these two small islands though, probably because Africa is about three times bigger than either of those.

Very true. however, I wouldnt want to expand the European Union to the south, as the western neighbour of Africa, Teneriffe (slightly smaller but a very powerful state) is already in the EU. since the two are fighting over cyprus, that might complicate the whole EU legislative processes. Mauritius, on the other hand, would be a great addition. Good economy, and closeness to the island of Malta make is a very welcome applicant.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

konnichiwa said:
Neos said:
SleepWaking said:
Faxanadu said:
SleepWaking said:
So Faxanadu you want to be a mod?

I think there are Europeans on here worthier than me. Rol, Onna (a bit inactive these days), Parokki and some others come to mind.

@Riot, there are some native speakers on here, especially from the UK, who have hideous grammar.

I do not want to see Onna become a mod, Imo she is one of the most negative persons I have ever seen, always bitching about anything. I think somebody with a more positive view of things is much better.

i think they call it a pessimist, but i have to agree with you =)

I don't agree with you guys. She would be excellent.

First she was just a ordinary wii fanboy but when she got a PS3 things changed...

The only thing that sucks is the fact that she doesn't put much time anymore on forums.

I believe Onna is either through with the site, or taking a long break. I dunno what happened, but I noticed she hadn't been posting a week or so ago. I then checked, but didn't see her on my friend list. I just assume someone pissed her off and she left in a huff. I always liked her personally, but she seems to have a hardcore vendetta against the X Box 360...not exactly mod material right there. I'm only guessing, but I imagine one of the mods must have said something to her about the 360 bashing and she got pissed and left. Sucks. Like I said, she was pretty cool and I liked hearing from her about Japanese game before they were released here.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

[Nevermind. Mummelmann beat me to it.]

So is Parokki a mod yet?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

elgefe02 said:
ismael said:
konnichiwa said:
ismael said:
i don't want to be a mod, but i think we need a Spanish one.

Diomedes???

no, he is extremely biased,

Spanish mod or a mod speaking spanish??

Yo hablo muy bien español... Vote for me...

LOL

I would rather a Spanish mod, not only for the lenguage, but fot the time, there aren't many europeans

Around the Network

There has been quite a lot of talk about the mods and their origin (and language skills).

First, it would be absolutely necessary to get more "foreign speaking" mods (with mother toungues other than english). Just to get some kind of cultural balance, otherwise this site cannot serve as a trustworthy site for the the whole world. To say their language skills aren't enough is just bigotry, there are plenty of foreign speaking persons with excellent skills in english. And how do you accept y-koron?

The gaming industry does have different markets for different parts of the world. That must be refected by the mods and their origin, if this site is to be taken seriously. So more mods from Asia, China, Africa and mainland Europe (not UK) should be considered.

Secondly, the site currently is quite focused on two markets, the US and the japanese. That should be changed and expanded. For sure, the US market is huge, but for instance, the european market is underrepresented compared to the much smaller japanese market. I would suggest that the front page should be divided into four "main markets" (at least):
- the US,
- the European,
- the Asian (inc Japanese),
- Australasia (inc Australia & NZ) and Others
This would, in my opinion, more accurately reflect on the cultural differences of the markets.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.