By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators by Country - the local global village

The recent moderator/ website discussions started by ioi have made me wonder about who the mods are on this site, more specifically, where they come from.

Here is the analysis:

From USA - 65% (11), one from Canada, one from Australia, two from UK, one from Japan and one from um, err,Uzbekistan?

Here the breakdown;

bod USA
shams Australia
rocketpig Uzbekistan
ben USA
source USA
twesterm USA
stof Canada
ssj12 USA
TalonMan USA
FishyJoe USA
Naz USA
ioi UK
Roadkiller UK
Y-koron Japan
Montana USA
MrStick USA
DKII USA

So, considering the international reach of this site (only 27% of members are from the US), how come there is literally no mod from outside the US, let alone someone whose mothertongue is not English?

Im looking at Europe - two. Asia - one (two if you include Uzbekistan). Australia - one. Is this really guaranteeing good mod coverage of the forums 24/7 if literally all mods live in the same time zones?

Spanish speaker - none. French speaker - none. Is this really a good representation of the global vgchartz community?

Discuss.

EDIT: Edited ioi being from UK. Thanks for the hints. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

you got some good points there Faxanadu, i agree with you on the timezone part =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

we need some more european mods
cause from 8 am till 11 am english time a large empty void considering the number of mods we have

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i could go on a spam streak because NOW no mods online

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Unless I am mistaken, a poll taken a long time ago on this site revealed that the majority of members and guests were from Europe. It is slightly odd then, to consider that most of the mods are from the US.

Also isn't ioi from the UK?

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Unless I am mistaken. A poll taken a long time ago on this site revealed that the majority of members and guests were from Europe. It is slightly odd then, to consider that most of the mods are from the US.

Also isn't ioi from the UK?

you are correct =)

Mods should have decent grammar. When your native tongue is not english, it may be harder for you to post clearly. Just look at our PS3 fans... Would you want one of them trying to be a mod?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

is he? ooops, then my bad. I assumed he was from US and didnt check his profile....

still, he is rarely active in the forums. same goes for roadkiller (if then in sony forums?).

that means very little coverage of forums from European mods.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

@Riot: I find the assumption of non-native speakers to not have sufficient grammar skills quite irritating. Look at all our friends from the Netherlands or even someone as weird as Parokki. You have any issues with their grammar?

Note from world to native english speakers: We speak and understand your language fairly well, thank you very much.

Unlike english native speakers who start complaining once a thread switches to spanish. I can only say to those complaints: callate!

Rocketpig is from Uzbekistan!?

My mind. It has been blown.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.