By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Something tottaly wierd scary and completely wierd has just happenened

its called air conditioning ya pussy.

If you didn't close the door, then obviously the dog got out. then cause of air conditioning, you get a minor inbalance of hot and cold air and that creates a force that pushes the door closed. Sometimes you don't need air conditioning, anything that can change the pressure inside a room can cause this, like opening a window, or opening a door in another room.

What you should be worried about is if you closed the door tightly, and then found it open.

Around the Network

Why even have a backdoor if there's no working lock seriously just leave it wide open.

Your dog wouldn't bark at an intruder? Man I have two of the sweetest dogs you'll meet a Pitbull and a Boxer but the one time someone tried to come in the front door they regretted it.. my opinion next time you have a dog, train them to not like gloved hands and masks.. it's what we do lol.

I'd have to say I was in a similar situation when my parents went to Chicago for a week home alone with just the dogs. It turned out I sleep walk, which I actually knew but I couldn't figure out why doors were closed or things moved. I do it all the time and I don't know why but for some reason that time I was too nervous to realize it. The combo of the additional stress + junk food(I'm not as good a cook as my mother) and such made me sleep walk a bit more often. You could be sleep walking and doing things, ever do it before? Edit: If all else fails take your dog in your room and anything very valuable and lock your bedroom door hide under your covers and yell "go away boogey man!" He's going to eat you.. he wants your skin and your things he's coming!!! Edit: Omg the back door!!!! there was a knock.. ahhh! Yet another Edit: I'm messing with you relax your imagination is running away with itself because you're out of a typical pattern.

loadedstatement said:
Yea my door completely closes on its own due to the air conditioning as well. After you are not scared out of your wits, I have a good story to tell (I dont want to make you more scared though >.<)

oh do tell, just highlight your story in black ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I wouldn't worry about it, dude (though I understand the freakout factor, believe me!). The likely story:

-When you walked by your parents' room, the dog was indeed lying on the bed.
-Sometime after you left, the dog decides he needs a drink of water (which is probably why you had to let him out not much later)
-He gets up, jumps off the bed, and walks quickly out the bedroom door, likely brushing by it as he went and closing it behind him (my dog, a mid-size black lab, does this often at my house).
-He gets his drink. A few minutes later he's whining for you to let him out, and you know how it goes from there.

I don't think a bottle on the floor that you missed would be anything to worry about--you'd very likely notice something more major amiss. Does the door go outward or inward?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

It's probably just a ghost. Seriously. Well that or wind.

Reminds me of one time we were cleaning out my friends house after a huge party (which amusingly served as a hospital during the civil war).

We were cleaning up cans and bottles and such out of the basement, so we go to leave, and we're halfway up the stairs and he asks me to go back and shut the bomb shelters door.

I get down the steps... damn thing slams closed real hard by it's self. Heavy thing too being the door to a bomb shelter. Couldn't of been the wind.

Was pretty funny.

Around the Network

what are your parents doing in amsterdam? :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ok so here is my story. I didnt want to tell it last night because I didnt want to freak highwaystar out even more so than he was. This story is true and happened to me about 3 years ago.

In my room at home, I have a door on my ceiling. The door leads to the attic. There is a lightbulb in the attic, but I have never gotten it to work. I have changed it a bunch of times, inspected the socket, etc. and have found no problems with it. Well, one night I was 16 and watching TV in an empty house with my girlfriend (who was living with me at the time). We were laying on my bed in my room when I just happen to notice some light seeping through the cracks in the attic door. I point it out to my girlfriend and she gets really scared because she also knows that the light has never worked. Sure enough, I get out of bed and peek up at the attic and the light was very bright and shining through the cracks. Needless to say, we both refused to go to bed that night and spent the whole night watching Urban Legends (which probably made us even more freaked out). Recently in our neighborhood, we had had break-ins, robberies, vandalized porperty, etc. Anyway, my father comes home around 8 am and we tell him about our scary discovery. He thinks there is some kind of explanation and has the idea to flip every switch in the house and observe what happens. Sure enough, a switch on the opposite side of the house somehow controls the light in my attic. Relieved, my girlfriend and I go to bed and sleep soundly.

Not a very scary ending. But you can just imagine how scar it was for those couple hours. lol

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:
Ok so here is my story. I didnt want to tell it last night because I didnt want to freak highwaystar out even more so than he was. This story is true and happened to me about 3 years ago.

In my room at home, I have a door on my ceiling. The door leads to the attic. There is a lightbulb in the attic, but I have never gotten it to work. I have changed it a bunch of times, inspected the socket, etc. and have found no problems with it. Well, one night I was 16 and watching TV in an empty house with my girlfriend (who was living with me at the time). We were laying on my bed in my room when I just happen to notice some light seeping through the cracks in the attic door. I point it out to my girlfriend and she gets really scared because she also knows that the light has never worked. Sure enough, I get out of bed and peek up at the attic and the light was very bright and shining through the cracks. Needless to say, we both refused to go to bed that night and spent the whole night watching Urban Legends (which probably made us even more freaked out). Recently in our neighborhood, we had had break-ins, robberies, vandalized porperty, etc. Anyway, my father comes home around 8 am and we tell him about our scary discovery. He thinks there is some kind of explanation and has the idea to flip every switch in the house and observe what happens. Sure enough, a switch on the opposite side of the house somehow controls the light in my attic. Relieved, my girlfriend and I go to bed and sleep soundly.

Not a very scary ending. But you can just imagine how scar it was for those couple hours. lol

so, someone fixed your lightbulb? j/k

though i can imagine how scary that would have been, when it actually happened.
but why the hell would you watch urban legends when youre that scared?
i woulda watched spongebob or something >.>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Some dogs can actually open and close doors and vents can cause doors to close.

Don't worry about it, its probably just leo-j checking up on you while he is banned from the site.