By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Redneck?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Why would you need the gun, attack the arm wielding the knife, he'll drop the knife and then you can kick his but

I love when people assume fending off someone with a knife only requires "attack the arm wielding a knife." It's really not that easy. To show this, find a friend and give him a red marker, and tell him to act like its a knife. Most likely you will have atleast a few red marks, most of which would either disable you or kill you. That's under the best case scenario where you aren't scared whitless from being attacked by a guy with a knife.

The guy who said he would "shoot the hand with the knife" hahahahhaa. Seriously? You're going to shoot a small target moving in 3 dimensionsional space as he runs toward you? And you're going to hit him and only him, and somehow prevent the bullet from passing through his hand and going god knows where? You're nuts, and if you did that would go to jail. When you discharge a firearm in self defense, you are required to shoot to kill - kneecapping or in this case, shooting wildly at a guy's moving hand would not count.

I guess I am sort of special here, since it appears I'm the only person who actually has a concealed weapon permit, and have actually shot a gun before. If I was firing in self defense with a .40S&W, I would fire at least 3 shots at center mass, as even a trained marksman is not stupid enough to go for a headshot at a running target. if I had a secondary clip I would probably have unloaded the the first clip and reloaded, keeping the gun trained on him until police arrived. If that makes me a 'redneck' so be it. I'd rather not think I am some kind of world class self defense expert who can somehow gain superhuman accuracy, or superhuman reactions to defend myself and my family from a guy with a knife barehanded.

Edit: a .40S&W is a bullet, not a handgun. My concealable is a Wlather P99-C .40S&W, subcompact handgun, and is quite small. It only only holds 7 rounds, but is quite small. The bullet itself is much bigger than a 9mm, and for good reason - it has more stopping power, and can penetrate kevlar.  

Around the Network

Shoot him in the leg. That'll teach him.

truthiness said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Why would you need the gun, attack the arm wielding the knife, he'll drop the knife and then you can kick his but

I love when people assume fending off someone with a knife only requires "attack the arm wielding a knife." It's really not that easy. To show this, find a friend and give him a red marker, and tell him to act like its a knife. Most likely you will have atleast a few red marks, most of which would either disable you or kill you. That's under the best case scenario where you aren't scared whitless from being attacked by a guy with a knife.

Not really the same thing, i mean you wouldn't treat your friend the same way, with your friend you would be more trying to snatch the knife from their hand, you wouldn't smash their arm with the intent to break and disable it (at least I wouldn't do that to a friend), but with an attacker you would have no such qualms about being ruthless

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I don't need a test to tell me that: I'm a redneck republican (I'll wait until I'm not hammered to actually take the test).

Redneck. I would shoot the crap out of him until I ran out of magazines.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
truthiness said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Not really the same thing, i mean you wouldn't treat your friend the same way, with your friend you would be more trying to snatch the knife from their hand, you wouldn't smash their arm with the intent to break and disable it (at least I wouldn't do that to a friend), but with an attacker you would have no such qualms about being ruthless

Fine, go to a self defense class, and ask the trainer about it. Find the premier trainer, and ask him. He will tell you without a lot of training, you will die. All the guy has to do is hit you once or twice and you will most likely due. And "smashing their arm," I don't know if you've tried, is not all that easy. Breaking their arm is also absurdly hard, and unless you are extremely strong, it won't happen. However, if you are Rambo without guns, go ahead in that fantasy. 

The simple fact is that you won't be able to put enough power into a blow, while at the same time blocking the knife (assuming you don't want to die), is that you won't do enough damage to make him drop the knife. If you were into judo this wouldn't be so much of an issue, but then again you wouldn't be trying to smash his arm. 

You're walking down the street with your wife and 2 small children when a man of undetermined Asian ethnicity walks by you and says hello. What do you do?

Scroll down for answer

Democrat's answer

Say hello.

Republican's answer

BANG!

Redneck's answer

See "Republican"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

all i can say is BANG!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

stof said:
You're walking down the street with your wife and 2 small children when a man of undetermined Asian ethnicity walks by you and says hello. What do you do?

Scroll down for answer

Democrat's answer

Say hello.

Republican's answer

BANG!

Redneck's answer

See "Republican"

Actually, the true redneck answer should be: What the fuck is an Asian?

Answer: the thing with my bullet in its head.

-edit-

And I grew up in a redneck country inbred hillbilly backcountry shit kicker town so I can say this kind of thing.  I went to school one day and in the truck parked next to me there was a dead deer thrown in the back of the guys truck.

I know redneck. 

ROFL at first I thought th title was asking if I was a Dreamcast, Rupublican, or Democrat.

I'm a democrat, tho.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."