By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 PC shown in AMD drivers?

Tagged games:

disolitude said:
Here is how this is going to work...

Halo 3 - xbox live release for Win 8, win RT, Xbox 360, Xbox 720, Windows Phone 8 simultaneous release. Buy one copy for 29.99...get access to it on all platforms. Multiplayer across platforms.

Guy can dream can't he?

Not so far fectched.   I am expecting for months that the next xbox could be also the steambox that we have heard about before.  XBLA/steam already saw some exclusives,  half valve gets out,  valve team member working on MS projects like Halo 4, Xbox games popping up on Steam...   Would not be a shock if they announce it..

Around the Network

Too little too late yet again for Halo and the PC. Few people want such an old game, and even less because they have already played it.

disolitude said:

Halo 3 - xbox live release for Win 8, win RT, Xbox 360, Xbox 720, Windows Phone 8 simultaneous release. Buy one copy for 29.99...get access to it on all platforms. Multiplayer across platforms.

Guy can dream can't he?

That'd probably would be just what Halo 3 needed to kick it back into the top 20 live titles, still astounded it lasted for 4 whole years.

I would really like this to be true. I played A LOT of Halo 3 multiplayer over a friend's house but never beat the single player, so I would definitely get this (not at a full price though).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Proclus said:
disolitude said:

Guy can dream can't he?

That'd probably would be just what Halo 3 needed to kick it back into the top 20 live titles, still astounded it lasted for 4 whole years.

Cross-platform play with competitive first-person shooters between PC/console doesn't work.

Nobody in their right mind would attempt this.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
Proclus said:
disolitude said:

Guy can dream can't he?

Cross-platform play with competitive first-person shooters between PC/console doesn't work.

Nobody in their right mind would attempt this.

Shadowrun?

Shadowrun highlighted the disparity between Keyboard & Mouse and Controller.
I would love for there to be a solution to this but I don't see it.
Cross-platform play would work with MMOs, co-operative FPS games (Portal 2) and many other genres. But not competitive FPS,

pezus said:
disolitude said:

Guy can dream can't he?

Except that Halo 3 has been rumoured to come out on Steam. Making it Xbox Live/Win8 exclusive would be incredibly stupid and only act to deny them sales. Because, let's face it, a 6 year old console port isn't going to make people upgrade if they haven't already. Unless you mean Xbox Live+Steam, then it's possible.

I don't think Microsoft cares for a 5 year old console game sales on PC. They would much rather have a news headline for cross platform play and give people reasons to switch to Win8/win phone. Much like they did to Halo 2 and Vista.

In the last month there have been 2 Xbox Live games that allow for cross platform play

Skulls of the Shogun - Win 8 Win RT, Win Phone and Xbox

Galactic Reign - Win 8, Win RT, Win Phone

I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't want continue this trend down the road and include other, bigger name titles including Halo.

This is actually Gabe Newells biggest fear and the true reason he's blasting Win8. 

As much as I enjoyed Halo 3, I'm not sure it'd do well on PC if they don't do graphic updates to it, it'd be extremely dated as a 6 year old title from 2007 graphically and might not grab as many people on PC looking like that.

pezus said:
disolitude said:
pezus said:
disolitude said:

Guy can dream can't he?

Except that Halo 3 has been rumoured to come out on Steam. Making it Xbox Live/Win8 exclusive would be incredibly stupid and only act to deny them sales. Because, let's face it, a 6 year old console port isn't going to make people upgrade if they haven't already. Unless you mean Xbox Live+Steam, then it's possible.

I don't think Microsoft cares for a 5 year old console game sales on PC. They would much rather have a news headline for cross platform play and give people reasons to switch to Win8/win phone. Much like they did to Halo 2 and Vista.

In the last month there have been 2 Xbox Live games that allow for cross platform play

Skulls of the Shogun - Win 8 Win RT, Win Phone and Xbox

Galactic Reign - Win 8, Win RT, Win Phone

I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't want continue this trend down the road and include other, bigger name titles including Halo.

This is actually Gabe Newells biggest fear and the true reason he's blasting Win8. 

What about Halo 3 being found in Steam's registry? What about MS making games exclusive to Steam recently (like Age of Empires II HD)? I'm sure they care about the sales, because they could get quite a few on Steam. On Xbox Live (windows 8)...not so much. Did Halo 2 help at all? It got slammed for having Vista as a requirement by reviewers and by consumers so I really doubt they will repeat this mistake.

I don't think Gabe Newell has anything to fear at this point, because like I said, MS are still porting games to Steam.

Some of those points are rumors which may or may not materialize, much like this one.

Im just speaking what makes sense for Microsoft and their converging ecosystem strategy. It's all about ecosystems at this point and while standalone MS games are still sold on Steam, those days are slowly coming to an end. It won't happen tomorrow in even in 2-3 years but as Win8 adoption grows, they will move away from supporting any game store other than their own.

The real differentiator for the ecosystem battle is to release titles which span multiple platforms and devices and Microsoft can't do cross platform support on Steam, like they did for the 2 xbox live titles listed above.