By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - News: Skies of Arcadia sequel in the planning

please let this game be on the wii the wii need more amazing ames like this.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
celine said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Riot Of The Blood said:
This game is coming to the PS3.

This game is coming to the Wii.

This game is coming to the Wonderswan.

This game is not coming.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Making a sequel to Skies of Arcadia might not be a good decision. Think about it, for the last few years Sega's first party games have been getting progressively worse, and when they decide to revive an old franchise like NiGHTs they crank out a mediocre game. I'd rather SOA stand out as one of Sega's few remaining unspoiled gems than a gem with a poor sequel that was made for the sole purpose of cashing off of it.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

I'm gonna laugh when it's not.

Why? I own every console/handheld. If I want the game, I will buy it. I don't have to hope and dream I get to play a game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I thought Sega/Sammy Holdings disbanded Overworks. If they are putting Overworks back together for this game then I am cautiously optimistic. Any word on how far along the game is? I know they were working on a Skies of Arcadia 2 for Gamecube before Sega/Sammy reorganized Sega. If Overworks did any significant work on SoA2 for Gamecube then this title would most likely be for the Wii. If the game was only in the planning stages then a PS3/360 version is more likely.

Skies of Arcadia is a niche franchise. So if its not for the Wii, you can bet that MS will offer Sega some incentive for some sort of full or timed exclusivity. Despite their distant 3rd place standing in Japan, MS seems intend on trying to carve out a fan base in Japan for the X-box brand.

Around the Network

Idk, Sony has already to make 2 exclusives for PS3. Those being Yakuza 3 and Valkryie of the Battlefield. It wouldn't be a strecth for Sony to get another one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I hope it's Wii, I

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

this ia indeed good news, i hop its for DS

ClaudeLv250 said:

Riot Of The Blood said:

This game is coming to the Wii.

This game is not coming.

No one knows what system it is coming for, its just conjecture at this point. As I said before, I think it depends on how far a long Overworks was with the SoA sequel for GC. If the put any significant work into the game, it will probably be Wii. If not all bets are off. Sega/Sammy is cheap, I don't see them scrapping all the work from the GC version unless it never made it beyond the planning stages.