By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - UFC 158 - GSP or Nick Diaz

Funtime said:
GSP will lay in top of him for 5 rounds and win a decision.

The exact reason I don't like him that much.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

GSP all day. Diaz is good, but he's not in the same class as GSP.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Funtime said:

Weird logic. You should be upset that his opponents have inadequate takedown defence more than anything.

Jay520 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Funtime said:

Weird logic. You should be upset that his opponents have inadequate takedown defence more than anything.

Actually you will see that I said, liking him "as a fighter". He deserves his title, he earned it, I just find it kind of boring to be watching him on the mat for 25 mins doing medium damage.

Gsp all the way

I'll be legitimately surprised if Diaz beats him

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Jay520 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Funtime said:

Actually you will see that I said, liking him "as a fighter". He deserves his title, he earned it, I just find it kind of boring to be watching him on the mat for 25 mins doing medium damage.

The thing is GSP is an excellent wrestler.  He is great on his feet but he is unmatched on the ground and one of the best if not the best take down artists.  He is smart and I expect him to take Diaz to the ground and either pound him out going all 25 minutes or get him in some kind submission.

I love his technique and finesse so to met hat excites me more than someone blindly punching without much thought.  

JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Jay520 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Funtime said:

The thing is GSP is an excellent wrestler.  He is great on his feet but he is unmatched on the ground and one of the best if not the best take down artists.  He is smart and I expect him to take Diaz to the ground and either pound him out going all 25 minutes or get him in some kind submission.

I love his technique and finesse so to met hat excites me more than someone blindly punching without much thought.  

Oh GSP will win of course, unless Diaz does a Matt Serra. GSP is a great fighter but his fights as of late have little submissions and seem more about keeping on top throughout the round to win them. Hopefully he will attempt nockouts and submissions this time.

GSP - this is the first UFC thread I've seen on here too 

I could swear there was another thread a couple of years back.

Chris1596 said:

GSP - this is the first UFC thread I've seen on here too 

I'd make an officiol UFC thread but I dont watch it enough to do that