By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. God of War: Ascension

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
thehusbo said:
Best looking game on consoles right now. Can the last of us top it?

Agreed. As for The Last Of Us, from what I've played, it will. 3EYOND should finish it off.

Wat??? Whn and how did u play TLOU??

Around the Network

Tell us more about TLOU!!! Within the parameters of that which you are allowed to say and keep spoil free of course. :)

God of war ascension is not bad by any means. I just... I don't understand why it's received such harsh treatment. Everything has improved... except for the story... Dohhhhh, who cares what those critics think anyway, I like this game.

Also, GoW has never looked or ran better than with Ascension. I can't believe SSM could make a game more incredible than GoW III, but they have a complete package here. Reviewers have been to harsh on Ascension for some odd reason. Nothing wrong with raising the bar even higher, but most reviewers aren't allowing themselves to believe it has happened.

thehusbo said:
Best looking game on consoles right now. Can the last of us top it?

WIll be interesting to see cause The Last of Us is focusing on a lot more other areas that are slightly neglected with most beautiful games > AI and stuff that is taking a lot ressources away from the console.
We know the AI in the Last of Us is going to be the best in Gaming History while it still is able to maintain insanely good graphics unachievable by other consoles than the PS3.

I mean - We can be sure it will  be outstanding but the best in this Gen in terms of graphics...i don't know.
The PS3 has some other games that focus a lot more on visuals than on AI,Atmosphere and other aspects that are very important for The Last of Us.
Well at the end it doesn't matter - The Last of Us will surely be the game of this Gen.A very important stepping stone for the gaming industry and another evidence why Naughty Dog is the king of it.

Kinda funny - The Top10 of graphics of this Gen is build with PS3 Exclusives and that is pretty much a fact.Probably even the Top15-20 before an other game is even allowed to enter for a competition.
Can't wait for the PS4 when a lot of other devs are able to develop without studying rocket science before they can start to develop for Sony.