By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
First day sellthrough

Super Robot Wars - 50-60%
Sword Art Online - sold out
Kingdom Hearts - 50%
God of War - no one cares
Darkstalkers (PS3 version) - 50-60%

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=50233434

That's pretty disappointing for both Robot Wars & Kingdom Hearts.

Looks like Sword Art will have a big opening week and then no legs.  Reviews & user reactions have been pretty scathing.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
First day sellthrough

Kingdom Hearts - 50%

Kingdom Hearts disappoints.

Are there some info about the shipment (numbers)?

PS. WOW the mobile neogaf is so cool... I think we need something like here in VGC.

Not that I can think of...but I'd imagine that since we know the sales from Media Create we can hazard a guess at shipments.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I wouldn't be too trusting of random numbers dropped onto gaf, there's no way anyone could have gathered enough data to make a statistically significant call in only a day.

17,000 SS HW bundles. Nice, that means without the SS push Vita only dropped about 15,000 units to about 50,000. That's pretty good. Hopefully it'll stay above 35,000 next week.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
First day sellthrough

Kingdom Hearts - 50%

Called it like 100 pages ago on COMG lol. They really should have gotten a lot more stock... after seeing the demand.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
BaldrSkies said:
I wouldn't be too trusting of random numbers dropped onto gaf, there's no way anyone could have gathered enough data to make a statistically significant call in only a day.

These shipment sellthrough numbers are always posted so I assume they're legit.

There was supposedly a lot of stock for KH and SRW in hiska's area. I'm not sure why people consider 50% (or 50-60% for SRW) of a whole shipment sold first day disappointing really. It's better if there weren't stock shortage (like for SAO) and nobody can find the game.

JRPGs are expected to have high sellthroughs in the start because they have no legs (because fans want to buy early and the used market eats into sales of non-replayable games).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tbone51 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Vita above the 3DS, hopefully the first of many times. Now time for price cut for UK

2-3 more times maybe. I highly doubt it. SS is a great game and cuz of no 3ds games (waiting for some bundle i think), vita's recent price cut, it barely made it over 3DS! Even though thats japan, it still haven't beaten 3ds really in a week yet (WW). Jus sayin

Yeah, Sony know what to do to achieve that. But it just seems sales are bad for both handhelds now. I remember, DS outselling PSP 4x over every week in 2010, but 3DS hardly sells more than twice what Vita does, despite it's poor sales. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018