By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

pezus said:
Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

I expected people to act like this. I'm not surprised, really. 

It's really pretty good weekly sales. That's something to celebrate over. But to celebrate over 1'000 more than the competition? That is somewhat odd.

So in a basketball game, if a team wins by 1 point they shouldn't celebrate or consider it a win, because they won by 1 point?

Good analogy. The weekly charts are just that, one game at a time. And when Liverpool beat Manchester United they will celebrate a lot because it happens once in a blue moon (Liverpool = Vita, MU = 3DS)

You Europeans and your strange foreign sports.  What is this pool of livers of which you speak?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

You Europeans and your strange foreign sports.  What is this pool of livers of which you speak?

You Americans and your strange football sport which has nothing to do with your foot, they should call it handball

I predicted that Vita would outsell 3DS when Soul Sacrifice releases. And all the Nintendo fans raped me and laughed at me.

Look who's laughing now

the_dengle said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Afaik they have not announced a pokemon for the system ..unless you are talking about some spin off mini game like scenario

It already has Mario

DQ X is coming up for sure...when is the release date? Curious to see how it affects the sales

Animal crossing? Again don't think there's a wiiu title yet...but even if it did I doubt it will have a similar effect to the handheld entries

Monster Hunter: This is the interesting one. Is MH 4 announced for wiiU? Late ports don't do much for home consoles when it comes to MonHun

If you only focus on highest sellers vs Highest sellers you will miss the reality that PS3 had a ton of support in Japan..still does. I do think wii U will outsell other home consoles in Japan but I don't see it dominating the market at all

Wii U has a Mario game. It doesn't have 3D Mario, it doesn't have Mario Kart. It's pointless to compare Animal Crossing home console games to Animal Crossing handheld games -- sure, the home versions' sales pale in comparison... but the Wii version still sold over a million in Japan. Wii U has these heavy hitters coming. It's going to do very well in its home country. But again, Japan is irrelevant in the home console market.

Gamecube had many mario but it fail

Monster Hunter is already in wii u and don`t save it.

Dragon quest is a multiplatforme game it already exist in Wii,it`s funny how people think multiplatforme will not help psvita but think multiplatforme game will save Wii U.

Wii U could outsold other next gen consoel but it`s not sure.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Deyon said:

I predicted that Vita would outsell 3DS when Soul Sacrifice releases. And all the Nintendo fans raped me and laughed at me.

Look who's laughing now

Did you say Japan specific or just 1 week or what.

Need some context here.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Deyon said:
platformmaster918 said:

You Americans and your strange football sport which has nothing to do with your foot, they should call it handball

In our defense we already have a handball and kickers and punters are a valuable part of any team (well when they do well we say that)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pezus said:
Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

I expected people to act like this. I'm not surprised, really. 

It's really pretty good weekly sales. That's something to celebrate over. But to celebrate over 1'000 more than the competition? That is somewhat odd.

So in a basketball game, if a team wins by 1 point they shouldn't celebrate or consider it a win, because they won by 1 point?

Good analogy. The weekly charts are just that, one game at a time. And when Liverpool beat Manchester United they will celebrate a lot because it happens once in a blue moon (Liverpool = Vita, MU = 3DS)

Bad analogy. I'm pretty sure Vita will outsell 3DS again in the future, and more than one time. I'd expect something like the PSP-DS in the coming years.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Otakumegane said:

Need some context here.

Of course i meant Japan only, i'm not that stupid to think that Soul Sacrifise would sell Vita's in the West.

And i said it will sell better than 3DS the same week Soul Sacrifice launches.

Ohhhhhh it feels goooood to be right.

Deyon said:
Otakumegane said:

Need some context here.

Of course i meant Japan only, i'm not that stupid to think that Soul Sacrifise would sell Vita's in the West.

And i said it will sell better than 3DS the same week Soul Sacrifice launches.

Ohhhhhh it feels goooood to be right.

Link me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pezus said:

Are you implying Liverpool will never win MU again? 

I'm impliying that Vita will outsell 3DS more frecuent than Liverpool beating MU.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile