By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Umm... I Traded In My WiiU

So was this a mistake?

Yes 307 51.77%

No 285 48.06%

Total:592
superchunk said:
I see 90% of the same games coming up on PS360 also coming to WiiU.

Yep.. makes since to trade in for a console on its last year of decent support.

yeah no..not gonna happen

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:

I was wating for somebody to call him out on that one. DmC, MGR, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, GTA V, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ....

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:

I was wating for somebody to call him out on that one. DmC, MGR, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, GTA V, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ....

Yep I see many games staying PS360 or going cross gen with nextbox/PS4. It's already starting with games like Witcher and Thief

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

That too was a deciding factor. GTA5 ,Metal Gear 5, plus I heard PS4 will not be backwards compatable. So I will need a PS3 to play my Red Dead *drool *

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Did you react wrong? Yes probably.

Will you regret it? Doubtful.

If this is your first time getting a PS3 you have about 5 years worth of gaming to see you through. At which point you'll be able to pick up a new (and probably better, e.g. with HDD and better Wifi) Wii U for the price you just traded it in for. Or you'll find that PS4 is more your speed and you'll be able to buy a PS4 at considerably below launch price.

I think it's a win-win. But only if you are patient and wait a few years before you get back into the next generation. The only downside is if Wii U comes out with a few killer games in the next year or so. But that's only a temporary situation because in 5 years or so you'll begetting a Wii U and buying all those early gen games for cheap.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
scottie said:

In all honesty, selling it before E3 was stupid.

That. There ia always bound to be a smash borthers, mario kart and Zelda game on the way too. I would have waited.

NeilStrauss said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Still kinda shocked actually. The other day I packed up my WiiU and brought it to Ebgames. With the 32gb console, Blop2, Zombie U and NSMBU I got over $200 trade in value ($200 for the console alone + like $80 for the games).

With that money I got a 500gb PS3 super slim, LBP Karting and 1 year PS Plus.

I just cannot see the future of WiiU looking good!

There are no games and there don't seem to be many coming up within the year that interests me!

The Wifi is garbage with no ethernet ports!

PS4/720 are coming around the corner with a baseball bats!

I just dont want to be stuck with a Dreamcast. So I figured I would cut my losses and trade it in while the value is high. And believe me this hurts. I have always loved my Nintendo systems.

Did I react wrong? Will I regret this?

I think you are lying, your avatat says NINTENDO TILL THE END.

First of all I don't lie. I'll post the damned reciept if I could ever learn how! So I ask you politely to take that back.

As far as my ...errm... "avatat" says, it says Nintendo.......nothing more. How do you get "NINTENDO TILL THE END"? 

NINTENDO TILL THE END....of wiiu console sales maybe!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
That too was a deciding factor. GTA5 ,Metal Gear 5, plus I heard PS4 will not be backwards compatable. So I will need a PS3 to play my Red Dead *drool *

I only fault you for buying the Wii U so early in the first place. It's not going to get those sweet multiplats and the better exclusives probably won't come out till next year. If the Wii U is your only system that's a LOT of waiting, and I personally couldn't do it. When Smash and Zelda HD come out it will be an attractive system, and by then other titles like Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 will likely be cheape too. 

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

glimmer_of_hope said:
NeilStrauss said:

I think you are lying, your avatat says NINTENDO TILL THE END.

First of all I don't lie. I'll post the damned reciept if I could ever learn how! So I ask you politely to take that back.

As far as my ...errm... "avatat" says, it says Nintendo.......nothing more. How do you get "NINTENDO TILL THE END"? 

NINTENDO TILL THE END....of wiiu console sales maybe!

I hope that's a fake avatat that will wash off with water or you're in trouble young man!

kain_kusanagi said:
I would have kept it for the Nintendo games. I mean trading it in for a PS3 seems shortsighted to me. The Wii U has more of a future than the PS3.

Not if PS3's past is bigger than Wii U's future for him.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1