By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz's top 10 sellers list featured in Alabama's largest newspaper

TWRoO said:
Cool stuff.

I do wish the USA had more original town/city names by the way,... it seems almost every place in the USA has the same name as a much older British, Spanish, Portugese or other European town.

I'm sure you know the reason why there are so many city names borrowed from other countries though.

But if you want an original name for an American city, try No Name, Colorado on for size.

Since I haven't been reading the paper lately, it makes me wonder how long The B'ham News has been using VGChartz's top 10 list. It was probably about a month or two ago the last time I checked, and it was still Amazon's list then. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

^ Joystiq and PS3fanboy have both used us in the last week as sources for their information. PS3fanboy was for Uncharted moving past a million, and I forget what the Joystiq one was for.

ioi said:
I wasn't aware of this but it is nice to see us getting around. Could somebody get a screen grab of it (and any other similar references to vgchartz that you guys see)?

ioi, I would snap a picture of it, but my old lady up and left me a few months ago with her highfalutin digital camera. My parents have a digital camera, but don't have a cable for it. When I called my mom about their camera, she said she might could get her best friend's later this week so I could snap a shot.

Unless there is some crazy-ass website that scans every page of every newspaper in the US, that's the best I can do for ya. If you really want it, I'd be willing to mail it to you. Though it's unlikely you would give some guy on the net your address, muchless one from Alabama.

Great news! Hopefully everyone will use the data here eventually!

By the end of the year..or Gen, i can this site being a major Gaming site.

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN
Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
In the Times (or Daily Mail) of the UK, I saw a graph comparing the sales of the three consoles over the year, with data from VG chartz

Please don't get The Times mixed up with The Daily Mail... I won't argue against The Times being less respectable of late but The Mail it is not. Oh and thanks for that "no name" town... I have heard of it before, pretty cool name actually.

Just an update...I checked my newspaper yesterday and they did indeed use VGChartz again for the top 10 sellers list. I suppose that it's going to be a permanent feature in the Sunday paper now. :)

Cool. I try to reference vgchartz in the ABQ Tribune (Albuquerque Tribune, New Mexico) as much as I can. Folks wanna bash the numbers, but I ask them 'Ok, no prob - do you have a better source? You don't ... hee hee ..."

really nice quigontcb , this is the kinda thing this site needs! mainstream attention

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

wow. that's pretty cool. congratz ioi.