By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - sony style store trying to rip me off 100 dollar credit

a few weeks ago i got the black ops bundle it was 249 and if i used a sony card they would give me a 100 dollar credit
so the bundle will cost 150 dollars. now they are saying that thats not the sony card i have. so iam fighting them
just beware of them and its even still on there site use a sony card get 100 credit

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Source?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

not cool guy..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Is this the deal you're referring to?
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card_main&storeId=10151

Did you read the terms and conditions, it's for new accounts only and it will be applied in 8-12 weeks to your first purchase.

• Terms and Conditions

In order to receive your $100 credit you must make at least one purchase within 90 days of account opening. The credit will appear on your monthly Sony Card statement within 8-12 weeks of your first purchase. To be eligible for the statement credit, the account must be open and in good standing at the time the credit will be applied to the account. This statement credit will not count as a payment to your account. Please continue to make your minimum payments.

•  

Limited time offer is for new Sony Card accounts only and is not available on existing accounts. Credit approval required. Terms and conditions apply. The Sony Card is issued by Capital One, N.A., pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card_main&storeId=10151

If that's it then it probably comes around a month later and in the form of 10,000 Sony Rewards points. Also, I'm not sure what other Sony cards there are. There is the PlayStation card, but that gets different rewards....but I think that still gets 10,000 points for the first purchase too. So I wonder what Sony card they have, as it probably doesn't exist, unless it is an old card then they wouldn't qualify.

OP: is this actually your experience or are you just posting graz's comment from TeamXbox.com or are you graz? Or is this some kind of copy and paste thing going around?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Arcturus said:

If that's it then it probably comes around a month later and in the form of 10,000 Sony Rewards points. Also, I'm not sure what other Sony cards there are. There is the PlayStation card, but that gets different rewards....but I think that still gets 10,000 points for the first purchase too. So I wonder what Sony card they have, as it probably doesn't exist, unless it is an old card then they wouldn't qualify.

OP: is this actually your experience or are you just posting graz's comment from TeamXbox.com or are you graz? Or is this some kind of copy and paste thing going around?

It's his personal experience.

Here's an idea.
Go back to the store.
Return the bundle.
the vita bundle is now 199.
Buy the vita bundle, then buy black ops, and use the correct card this time.

coolguy said:

a few weeks ago i got the black ops bundle it was 249 and if i used a sony card they would give me a 100 dollar credit
so the bundle will cost 150 dollars. now they are saying that thats not the sony card i have. so iam fighting them
just beware of them and its even still on there site use a sony card get 100 credit

From the terms and conditions:

"...offer is for new Sony Card accounts only and is not available on existing accounts. " 

Surely when you've spoken to customer service they've explained this to you?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.