By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony dominates Youtube with nearly 27 million hits for the PS4 commercial

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I don't know, I fear that in the end this doesn't mean shit.

I dunno, I have not seen a Wii U commercial with anywhere near the hits of this. Not even for the 3DS.

So you're saying it will sell more than 3DS?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I dunno, I have not seen a Wii U commercial with anywhere near the hits of this. Not even for the 3DS.

But in truth that doesn't assure much. I don't think we can establish a correlation between video hit counts and future units sold. At least we won't have the argument: "Look at Sony's PS4 reveal. People don't even watch it at YouTube." though.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

phenom08 said:
leo-j said:
lady gaga's bad romance has over 500 millon views though

And Gangnam style has even more, I think thats how you spell it?

Nope, you left out the silent X.

phenom08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

No, its a good indicator that people are watching.

AbbathTheGrim said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

But in truth that doesn't assure much. I don't think we can establish a correlation between video hit counts and future units sold. At least we won't have the argument: "Look at Sony's PS4 reveal. People don't even watch it at YouTube." though.

It means they are doing something right on a commercial level. Lets see if it works out. They are boasting the graphics and power in the new titles and it looks like people are really liking what they are seeing on Youtube.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
phenom08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

No, its a good indicator that people are watching.

Is it an ad or a youtube video?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

It means they are doing something right on a commercial level. Lets see if it works out. They are boasting the graphics and power in the new titles and it looks like people are really liking what they are seeing on Youtube.

I don't know. Those are a lot of views and the dislikes seem to be way lower than the likes, yes. I think there is more than one reason of why people could go there to watch. From fans, to fans of other companies to check on the competence, people that just clicked on the video out of curiousity. I will stand on the fence on this one.

I guess you could say that entering this generation, Sony with their unveiling, created more awareness than the Wii U, at least.  Hopefully this translates to consoles sold.

Well Sony definitely convinced me to buy the system day 1 (or at least around that period). I bought the PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, DS, PS3 and Vita, but none of them at launch or around the launch window period. I always thought it was best to wait, but that might change this holiday. Sony did a good job of positioning the system the right way in people's minds and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us later.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

crissindahouse said:

impressive if true, that is more as every or almost every ps3 or 360 video. i just hope they don't do what sony music did with the view counter.

What are you referring to here? Is it the sony is boosting view counts illegally nonsense a while back? Because it was proved to be wrong

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BasilZero said:

27 mil units to be sold in the future so far confirmed

PS All-Stars Battle Royale has over 3,837,220 views on one video alone, but only manged to sell 0.46m.