By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destrutoid says: Fact: PS3 fans****are the worst ( Do you agree?)

Why isn't this locked yet? It's from 2009!! Someone report this.

Around the Network

How is this not locked yet?

I should make an Xbox360 thread ;o

Fuck being a moderator this weekend

Bullshit, Microsoft ones irritate me, I can't say one thing without them jumping in saying "Our online is better because we pay" or "We have Halo so screw you bitch", on and on about how the controller is better and they just bash on Sony and Nintendo without a logical argument.

ethomaz said:

kain_kusanagi said:

If you consider yourself a proud fanboy, that's your thing. I think you are mistaking the term, but to each his own. But, please don't call other people fanboys. There's a big difference between a fan and a real fanboy. That's what this article is talking about. Fans enjoy the stuff they love. Fanboys hate others for not loving the stuff they love.

I think guys here are oversensitive with this word... just it... to be or not to be fanboy is normal and didn't make anybody better or worst.

I disagree. The term is deragatory. That's why the forum rules include it. I think you are missuing and missunderstand the term. the word Fan is short for fanatic. Fanboy is an insult.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

13. Insults and flaming. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable.

• Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others.
  • Similarly, do not insult without justification any group of people, be it a religious group, political group, or anything of that sort.
  • Don’t use slurs (gay, f*ggot, n*gger, etc) as insults, even if you’re not using them maliciously.
  • Do not personally insult other users. This includes calling them fanboys or trolls.
  • Report it when another user insults you instead of insulting them back. If they report you and no one reported their post, guess which one of you gets banned? The moderators do not have time to read every post in a thread, so they will often miss things that are not reported.
  • In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy. We understand debates get heated, but don’t lose yourself in them. Remember you can’t continue the debate if you’re banned, so be respectful to your fellow forum members.

Around the Network
Somini said:
Why isn't this locked yet? It's from 2009!! Someone report this.

You report it. i ain't yo bitch!

huiii said:

And that's probably why you decided to post this....

OT: tl;dr but the whole thing about loosing exclusives... was anyone here when Ubisoft delayed rayman? Yes playstation fans are really the worst.

Rayman wasn't multiplat rage, people (myself included) were looking forward to playing it last month. The god dang game is just sitting there, finished.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

What about when the PS3 launched? How did the 360 fans act?

Nem said:
I completely agree.

In general Sony fanboys are the biggest deterrent to having a Sony system. Why? Because they exagerate and lie at every chance they get to fool you into getting their favorite system. I could give examples about the Vita, for example where they would confirm games that would come out in the west that never will (like tales of innocence R) and more recently they try to convince you CG demos on the PS4 unveil were real time and that the generational leap is bigger than the previous one.
I have seen them copared to a relegion often, and that is what happens. Its complete faith disregarding logic, sense or past examples.

With that said, there are exceptions to this rule, even though they are few.

A different example is im completely disappointed with the Xbox 360 and with Microsoft, but Microsoft fans dont seem to be obnoxious. They stand their ground and defend the games they like in the system. Even though they arent games that appeal to me, i can understand that it appeals to those that like shooters for example.
Nintendo fanboys are usually the less obnoxious ones and look beyond the pre-established notions believing on the strength of Nintendo's strong first party software. I admire that, and they are usually a smart bunch that seem to embrace classic gaming, and that is something i can identify with.

Personally, i can enjoy any system if they deliver. If they dont then i will skip them. Sony and Nintendo systems really interest me at the moment, but i am ot afraid to say that part of the reason why i didnt get a PS3 was because both Sony and this fanbase was so arrogant they needed a wake up call. I'm afraid that they havent learned their lesson though. Sony hopefully, might have.

lol what of the nintendo fans who stated religionsly that the wii u would be the new standard for multiplats at launch?

with the best versions of any multiplats that were ported to it all running in full HD 60 fps

etc etc etc

i have seen just as much delusional crap about the capabilties of the wii u from nintendo fans prior to its launch when reality finally came crashing down ( and i'm not talking about vgchartz specifically )

Otakumegane said:
huiii said:

And that's probably why you decided to post this....

OT: tl;dr but the whole thing about loosing exclusives... was anyone here when Ubisoft delayed rayman? Yes playstation fans are really the worst.

Rayman wasn't multiplat rage, people (myself included) were looking forward to playing it last month. The god dang game is just sitting there, finished.

Sure... You know people were saying FF wan't about multiplat but about it suffering quality wise because they had to port it to 360.... All just excuses.

And it doesn't change the fact that they reactet just as nasty.