By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo stock up 11% in the past 2 days. Coincides with Miyamoto stepping down.

I haven't seen such a big spike in nintendo's stock in a long time. And it started yesterday which coincides with Miyamoto announcing that he will be stepping down from some of the major Nintendo games. Is this a coincidence? Yesterday, Nintendo's stock was up 4.5% and today, it is up so far aother 6.2%. 

Discuss.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

Stock Holders are such haters. They just don't understand The Miyamoto.

I think it's more of a spike because of impending 3DS dominance rather than Miyamoto comments.

It also coincides with when we found out what the Vita numbers are.

EDIT:Rol agrees. This post is now truth.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I don't think it has anything to do with miyamoto

When things are bad, changes are usualy seen as being good. When things are good, changes are usualy seen as being bad,

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

It could be because there is a notion that Nintendo's franchises are stale and need new blood to innovate them yet again, if Myiamoto leaves then it might happen or so these stock traders believe. However, Nintendo's did stock rise over two percent after the PS4 announcement, so it could the stock market isn't impressed with what Sony is bringing to the table.

In case you guys don't know or remember, Miyamoto's comments are nothing new:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/07/nintendos-miyamoto-to-distance-himself-from-big-budget-projects/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/08/miyamoto-to-remain-senior-managing-director-train-younger-developers/

In any case, it's generally hard to know what exactly moves stock up and down with so many factors involved... The market fluctuates !

Nintendo's stock has been rising pretty steadily since Sony's PS4 announcement. This is the largest spike, so its worth considering if Miyamoto's words had any impact, although keep in mind, Miyamoto didn't just talk about cutting down his schedule in that interview. He also talked about other things such as NFC. NFC may not be a big deal to you, but considering the massive success of Skylanders, it may be a bigger deal to investors.

Investors will be hoping that new devs can draw in a wider audience and produce better results. Frankly I personally don't think it'll make a difference, but stock holders are a fickle bunch (read they have almost no idea how the tech industry works).

He's not stepping down. He's just trying to create clones using his peers.