By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW: A scores disappoint; Is it time to worry about The Last of Us?

I don't put any stock in scores, but if I had to guess Last of Us will be mid 80s as end of generation games cannot ride on the wow factor that early gen titles enjoy in terms of graphics and presentation.

Either way, I am looking froward to Last of Us

Around the Network

If nothing else, it confirms that it was the right decision for me to cancel my pre-order of GoW:A, and I'm sure The Last of Us will be rated higher and more awesome, because I said so!

Nope. Naughty Dog already disappointed me with Uncharted 3, so I know they were really working on making The Last of Us face fuckingly awesome.

badgenome said:
Nope. Naughty Dog already disappointed me with Uncharted 3, so I know they were really working on making The Last of Us face fuckingly awesome.

but but but... it wasn't the same team T_T

pezus said:
dahuman said:
If nothing else, it confirms that it was the right decision for me to cancel my pre-order of GoW:A, and I'm sure The Last of Us will be rated higher and more awesome, because I said so!

It doesn't confirm anything though, because this seems to be happening to every franchise right now, even with no decline in quality.

The Last of Us looks really good though, especially with the whole Walking Dead craze right now!

Around the Network
dahuman said:

but but but... it wasn't the same team T_T

Exactly. The shit team made Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 team is making The Last of Us.

BELIEVE.

Last of US not so much. I have faith in that one. Beyond 2 Souls ... I am worrying about that one a bit.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

BasilZero said:
dahuman said:

Which review said anything about the loss of quality...all the reviews I've checked mention that he is less angry or that its the same game as the others in the series lol.

I wasn't that happy with God of War 3 to start with, it started really really awesome then gradually went down hill then I had to fight the same fucker I did in 2, and the ending was mad anti-climactic, if this one reviewed worse, then I think I'll be OK lol.

the the last of us demo of last e3 is the reason why games score so "low" nowadays lol. nahh, it could even get a 95 metascore if it's as good as i think. i said that in the other thread, it's a new ip and won't have the problem that reviewers desperately try to find everything which is not perfect and review it as if it would be really important for the game.

The last of us will be fine. It's a new IP so it is still fresh and exciting. No way am i going to be wrong twice lol