By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Ascension: Review Thread

Tagged games:

If the only reason it's getting lower scores is that it is exactly like every other GOW game. This is why I hate reviewers. Of course, it's gonna be the same as every other game in the series, but with a different story. Doesn't matter because the first 30 minutes of the game are awesome and I fully expect the rest of the game to amazing as well.

Around the Network

More like GoW1 and GoW2 than GoW3?? Well then, in my book that is a positive, not a negative! For all the hype and acclaim 3 has, I still prefer the previous two games, especially GoW2.

And that quote about graphics so good they almost look next-gen... Yum!

I find some reviewers are punishing this game for the wrong reasons. Most are focusing on the lack of incredible moments that are found in 3. Since the game is a prequel that focuses on a much younger Kratos I think one should expect some of those qualities absent.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

nnodley said:
If the only reason it's getting lower scores is that it is exactly like every other GOW game. This is why I hate reviewers. Of course, it's gonna be the same as every other game in the series, but with a different story. Doesn't matter because the first 30 minutes of the game are awesome and I fully expect the rest of the game to amazing as well.

You should check out reviews for a little series known as Zelda, or Layton, or a game known as "Super Mario Galaxy 2". Both feature from the problems you mention.

I wouldn't say this fact is as prevelant here. It does look very good, but...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

8/10 - http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/god-of-war-ascension-ps3-review-beautiful-brawler-gives-rise-to-the-silver-spartan/

Around the Network

Hopefully it's in the 90s.

VGKing said:

Metascore?? Not gonna happen.

CGI-Quality said:
The Sixth Axis:

"Some of the best graphics ever seen this generation, and it’s without hyperbole to say that some sections look like CGI. Get up close with some of the bad guys and the fixed camera and beautiful use of motion blur and high resolution textures make Ascension look positively next-gen".

O_O

GR Sweden

"God of War: Ascension is droolingly beautiful and ne of the most beautiful consle games ive ever played."

VGKing said:

Keep dreaming, sadly. 

Mid-80's would be an achievement now really.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Game will be lucky to get 80s meta right now. I dont see it happening.

Guess they couldn't pull an Uncharted 2 with the SP and MP. Anyone seen JustThatGamer around?