By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people specifically enter a thread to bash on something

Jesus christ, I had to scroll for like a half an hour after JayWoods' last post. How is shit like that acceptable?

OT: It's not trolling to voice your opinion. In that thread in particular I think people saw Rare and a bunch of exciting adjectives...then saw Kinect...and were instantly disappointed. No trolling at all.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Hmmm I wasn't aware of a thread before, but, well I don't understand what you want. I gave you your answer. :D Nobody likes Rare.

But yes, I did write that post before you changed the name to bashing.
Bashing something is not against the rules...which reminds me of a certain ban I received recently where I was.

I know what ban you are talking about.  You was flaming more than bashing.  And yeah ive been banned on occasions i dont agree with either so you arent alone on that one.

But yeah, people dont like rare so why comment in rare threads?  that is my question.  I mean if someone doesnt like Sony  and god of war then why go in the thread to bash it.  I understand some threads where people get into disputes due to a disagreement.  I just dont understand the ones that specifically goes into bash something.  

Saying "ms, are you even trying" is not flaming or trolling. Flame-baiting, aka trolling, was like your topic about Apple fan thread. Notice the clear difference? (Apparently Amp cannot :D) Anyway, that's for a different topic.

To answer your question about why people go into threads to "bash", it's because we're your friends, and when one of your friends says, "I know I know, I'll show her my saxaphone and hold her and cry", you're supposed to come in, slap that friend in the face, and say "pull yourself together, jim". It's HELPING *tongue in cheek*

NintendoPie said:
Ssliasil said:

Because people make *Broken English* topics with titles such as, "Why *does* people..." way to damned often on this site ><

I'm sorry, I know English isn't the first language for many people here; but it hurts my head sometimes!

Wouldn't that just be a comma? Not a semi-colon?

Would semicolon be like "half-assed?"

theprof00 said:
Akvod said:

Probability.

Also, hahahahahaha.

bananaking21 said:
every time i enter a thread i really expect it you to be the author

Kresnik said:
Goodness me you're making a lot of pointless threads today.

This graph is clearly spin designed to make 7 threads seem like a lot.

Eh, ended up doing it since it's not that much of a hassle. Sorry for the rushed formating.

Big blue one is JayWood.

Edit: Data is from 300 threads (10 pages of hot topics). I opened the 10 pages, refreshed them all at the same time.

lol thank you for that akvod....
Now who the hell is cold-flipper and why does he have >10 threads?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/101275/cold-flipper/ this guy apparently.

Why do you ask about the <10 threads?

Stating your opinion or facts is not trolling, learn what it means then maybe you can try and prevent it ... if it actually happens.

LivingMetal said:

Would semicolon be like "half-assed?"

A semi-colon is ;. So I don't really know what you mean. (Are you talking about the hyphen in the word?)

Akvod said:
theprof00 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/101275/cold-flipper/ this guy apparently.

Why do you ask about the <10 threads?

lol he's self banned.

My question was that I saw jaywood, and pezus, bananaking, and superchunk, and then I'm like 'how does cold-flipper have so many thread on hot-topic right now'. I'm just surprised that he has >10 threads, yet I don't know him, since that would suggest he's as active as one of those previously mentioned.

JayWood2010 said:

Why does people enter a thread specifically to troll something that they dont like.  I make a MIcrosoft thread and see one MS fan and 10 sony fans tolling or vice versa. 

Why does people do this?

Because this thread has to games!  JK